BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An advisory has just been issued by the National Hurricane Center:000 WTNT65 KNHC 310027 TCUAT5 Hurricane Dorian Tropical Cyclone Update NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL052019 830 PM EDT Fri Aug 30 2019 …DORIAN STRENGTHENS TO A CATEGORY 4 HURRICANE… Data from the NOAA Hurricane Hunters indicate that Dorian has strengthened to an extremely dangerous category 4 hurricane with maximum sustained winds near 130 mph (215 km/h). This increase in intensity will be reflected in the forecast issued at 1100 pm EDT (0300 UTC). SUMMARY OF 830 PM AST…0030 UTC…INFORMATION ———————————————- LOCATION…25.3N 71.0W ABOUT 400 MI…645 KM E OF THE NORTHWESTERN BAHAMAS ABOUT 575 MI…925 KM E OF WEST PALM BEACH FLORIDA MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS…130 MPH…215 KM/H PRESENT MOVEMENT…WNW OR 300 DEGREES AT 10 MPH…17 KM/H MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE…950 MB…28.05 INCHES $$ Forecaster Cangialosi/Latto
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday