BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We’ve been on the receiving end of some sort of (seemingly) orchestrated campaign calling us out for our post a few days ago suggesting that anyone who only own a Tesla is going to find it difficult to evacuate. From South Palm Beach County, you’ll make it roughly as far as Gainesville before you’ll find only a few charging stations on the Turnpike (or 75 after the Turnpike is done being the Turnpike). If hundreds of Tesla drivers need 30 minutes to an hour to charge their electric shiny automobile, it stands to reason there is going to be a problem.
And that’s assuming there’s electricity.
To the apparently California-based readers who have a problem with this logic, we suggest the following:
- See if you can trade-in your Tesla for a life.
- Understand that in Florida, Hurricanes and the loss of power are real issues. Gas can be delivered. Electricity can not. Folks routinely lose power for days as the result of a major storm.
- Find something better to do with yourself than trying to add value to your Tesla as the company’s stock is just weeks off its 52-week low.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRI-RAIL NIGHTMARE: Did Boca Fire Bungle Response To Death By Train?
- Major Parking Advisory For Miami Dolphins Monday Night Game
- I-95 Closures To Continue In Boca Raton As Major Detours, Closures Planned For This Week
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH