BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We call it like we see it at BocaNewsNow.com and we want to make this very clear: Dorian can still do pretty much anything. The cone of “uncertainty” is called that for a reason. And if a few days of prep turn out to be for nothing, you’ve had a great “drill” to figure out what you need the next time a storm hits us head on. And it will. Maybe even this year. There are two more storms in the Atlantic being watched by the National Hurricane Center.
BocaNewsNow.com has heard from — and of — people who have recently relocated from other parts of the country who think this is all silly hype and have started to return their homes to “normal.”
It’s not over. And that’s — to be blunt — incredibly stupid.
Look at the Bahamas. Look at Texas during Hurricane Harvey just two years ago. Look at Boca and Delray just two years ago — people here were without power for a week from what was largely a tropical storm.
This is real. Storms are real. Don’t be an idiot. There is no storm victim who wishes they prepared less.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach Schools: Who Are The Parents Sending Their Kids Monday?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Expect New Tropical Storm To Form Today
- OMNI MIDDLE BOCA: Overflow Rooms In Use, Shortage Of Supplies Already
- FLORIDA COVID: State Passes 13,000 Deaths, Infections Rising Again
- Palm Beach Schools: Constant Hand Washing, Masking, When Is Learning Time?
- Serious DUI Charge For Andrea Kruse of West Boca Raton
- Police Jail Delray Beach Man On Battery, Resisting Charges
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Stalking, Intimidation
- Boca Raton Area School Principals Being Praised For Early COVID Plans