BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We call it like we see it at BocaNewsNow.com and we want to make this very clear: Dorian can still do pretty much anything. The cone of “uncertainty” is called that for a reason. And if a few days of prep turn out to be for nothing, you’ve had a great “drill” to figure out what you need the next time a storm hits us head on. And it will. Maybe even this year. There are two more storms in the Atlantic being watched by the National Hurricane Center.
BocaNewsNow.com has heard from — and of — people who have recently relocated from other parts of the country who think this is all silly hype and have started to return their homes to “normal.”
It’s not over. And that’s — to be blunt — incredibly stupid.
Look at the Bahamas. Look at Texas during Hurricane Harvey just two years ago. Look at Boca and Delray just two years ago — people here were without power for a week from what was largely a tropical storm.
This is real. Storms are real. Don’t be an idiot. There is no storm victim who wishes they prepared less.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony
- SIRENS: Traumatic Injury At West Boca High, Dead In Valencia, Overheating At Delray Tennis Center
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Mother, Wrongly Claims She Won’t Be Arrested
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School Threat Ongoing, Yet Nothing, All At The Same Time
- LAWSUIT: Paver Company Steamrolled Local Homeowner During Pool Renovation
- SIRENS: Choking In Boca, Suicide Attempt At Target, Trauma At A Country Club