BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We call it like we see it at BocaNewsNow.com and we want to make this very clear: Dorian can still do pretty much anything. The cone of “uncertainty” is called that for a reason. And if a few days of prep turn out to be for nothing, you’ve had a great “drill” to figure out what you need the next time a storm hits us head on. And it will. Maybe even this year. There are two more storms in the Atlantic being watched by the National Hurricane Center.
BocaNewsNow.com has heard from — and of — people who have recently relocated from other parts of the country who think this is all silly hype and have started to return their homes to “normal.”
It’s not over. And that’s — to be blunt — incredibly stupid.
Look at the Bahamas. Look at Texas during Hurricane Harvey just two years ago. Look at Boca and Delray just two years ago — people here were without power for a week from what was largely a tropical storm.
This is real. Storms are real. Don’t be an idiot. There is no storm victim who wishes they prepared less.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida