BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As outer bands start to bring heavy rain to the area, here’s a quick look at local impact. We will update the following list throughout the day, but the underlying message is call wherever you’re going before heading out.
Both Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) are CLOSED. No flights are arriving or departing. The closures will continue until further notice. Miami International remains open.
Many Publix throughout the area are closed, but call your local store for confirmation before heading out.
Gas Stations are hit or miss. Gas no longer seems to be in short supply throughout Boca Raton and Delray Beach, but many stations have closed.
Home Depot throughout the area were open as of a short time ago, but calling in advance is a good idea before venturing out.
UBER is offering free rides to shelters in Palm Beach County.
FPL is on standby for power line repair, but expect power to be out for several days when and if winds start knocking down lines.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fatal Crash In Gleneagles Country Club, Pedestrian Struck In Front Of Home
- Child Neglect, Hit and Run Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Reminder: Masks Still Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- Biergarten Boca Raton Sued, Drunk Dancer Falls On Woman
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Florida’s Turnpike To Close
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside
- LOWEST IN A YEAR: Local COVID Hospitalizations Plummet
- No Mask Required In Publix If You Are Vaccinated
- Enhanced DUI Charge For Boca Man, Open Corona In Car When Stopped