BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As outer bands start to bring heavy rain to the area, here’s a quick look at local impact. We will update the following list throughout the day, but the underlying message is call wherever you’re going before heading out.
Both Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) are CLOSED. No flights are arriving or departing. The closures will continue until further notice. Miami International remains open.
Many Publix throughout the area are closed, but call your local store for confirmation before heading out.
Gas Stations are hit or miss. Gas no longer seems to be in short supply throughout Boca Raton and Delray Beach, but many stations have closed.
Home Depot throughout the area were open as of a short time ago, but calling in advance is a good idea before venturing out.
UBER is offering free rides to shelters in Palm Beach County.
FPL is on standby for power line repair, but expect power to be out for several days when and if winds start knocking down lines.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Absent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record
- Florida Withholding COVID-19 Infection, Death Report For Wednesday