BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has heard from several HOA management companies that they are being verbally assaulted by recent transplants to the area who can’t understand why pools and clubhouses have been closed, tennis and pickle ball courts have been locked, trash pickup is suspended, airports are closed and other services have been curtailed.
The tipsters are calling out the complainers (our word) who say they’re paying for services that they are not receiving, and don’t understand why their services are being stopped if a hurricane isn’t actually hovering above the area.
“These are people who came from the land of snow,” said one rep. “It’s amazing that they can’t comprehend the potential seriousness of a hurricane or even tropical storm. They are elitist and entitled, and quite frankly just not smart. They are upset that their HOA gates are opened and that it could take days for operations to be returned to normal.”
Throughout Boca Raton, Delray and Boynton Beach, clubhouses are often closed in storm-like conditions as they are used to store pool equipment and other potential projectiles. Other services are curtailed so — quite simply — no one gets injured.
“I had one person demand a refund of their HOA dues,” said a tipster. “If I’m not getting my services,” they said, “I’m not paying.”
Various state and local ordinances require community gates to be opened once warnings or watches are issued, trash collection to be stopped, and various other services to be curtailed.
“People see ads on airplanes for the sun and fun of South Florida communities,” said a rep. “They just don’t understand that it’s the real world here and sometimes the real world gets in the way of the permanent vacation they believed they were buying.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District