BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has heard from several HOA management companies that they are being verbally assaulted by recent transplants to the area who can’t understand why pools and clubhouses have been closed, tennis and pickle ball courts have been locked, trash pickup is suspended, airports are closed and other services have been curtailed.
The tipsters are calling out the complainers (our word) who say they’re paying for services that they are not receiving, and don’t understand why their services are being stopped if a hurricane isn’t actually hovering above the area.
“These are people who came from the land of snow,” said one rep. “It’s amazing that they can’t comprehend the potential seriousness of a hurricane or even tropical storm. They are elitist and entitled, and quite frankly just not smart. They are upset that their HOA gates are opened and that it could take days for operations to be returned to normal.”
Throughout Boca Raton, Delray and Boynton Beach, clubhouses are often closed in storm-like conditions as they are used to store pool equipment and other potential projectiles. Other services are curtailed so — quite simply — no one gets injured.
“I had one person demand a refund of their HOA dues,” said a tipster. “If I’m not getting my services,” they said, “I’m not paying.”
Various state and local ordinances require community gates to be opened once warnings or watches are issued, trash collection to be stopped, and various other services to be curtailed.
“People see ads on airplanes for the sun and fun of South Florida communities,” said a rep. “They just don’t understand that it’s the real world here and sometimes the real world gets in the way of the permanent vacation they believed they were buying.”
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEATHTOBER FLORIDA: State, Palm Beach County COVID Deaths, Infections Climbing Again
- UPDATE: Parents MUST Choose Distance or In-Person Within Days For PBC Schools
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Heavy Rain For Days, Flood Watch Through Sunday
- TRAFFIC: Palm Beach County Projects Slow The Go, See Them All Here
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom