BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — From the Palm Beach County School District at 4:24pm (Tuesday, September 3, 2019) — Weather conditions are improving dramatically as Hurricane Dorian continues to move well north of the Palm Beach County coast. The County has lifted mandatory evacuation orders. Storm surge warnings have also been canceled.
Emergency shelters throughout Palm Beach County are preparing to close and will be completely shut down by 9 a.m. tomorrow. However, it is safe for evacuees to leave this evening.
All District operated schools and offices will reopen Thursday, September 5th.
All athletic contests for the remainder of the week have been canceled. Practices will resume once school is back in session and facilities have been assessed for safety. High schools and the District will work together to reschedule all games and matches that were canceled due to Hurricane Dorian.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Forecasters Watching First System Of Season
- MONKEY POX SOUTH FLORIDA: Health Officials Investigate Possible Local Case
- TRAFFIC: I-95 Closure In Boca Raton Part Of Big Traffic Week Ahead
- Delray Beach Woman Crashes On I-95, Is Jailed For DUI
- MYSTERY: Dead Frog Circles Appearing In Seven Bridges Delray Beach
- HUGE COVID SPIKE IN FLORIDA, PALM BEACH COUNTY
- Did Bad Nursing At Bethesda East Hospital Lead To Woman’s Death?
- LAWSUIT: VALENCIA BAY TO REMOVE HUNDREDS OF OAK TREES
- Fourth DUI Arrest For Boca Woman Working At Addiction Center