PBI’s poor messaging capped by bizarre graphic on website
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The bizarre public relations handling of the closure of Palm Beach International Airport continues to become more bizarre.
The airport’s communications staff went silent for much of Tuesday. The airport’s website merely promoted itself, not the fact that the airport was shut down. The site initially provided no information to the tens of thousands of travelers impacted by the storm.
Then a mid-day update was published after we called the airpot staff to task on BocaNewsNow.com. The announcement: the airport would reopen this afternoon. Except that announcement was quickly replaced with another announcement saying they wouldn’t — essentially blaming it on the FAA.
While Fort Lauderdale Airport returned to operational status, PBIA made no further announcements, but now says “we anticipate operations to resume early Wednesday 9/4, though we don’t have a confirmed time.”
Looks like PBIA may need a new communications team once Dorian is completely gone.
When your business is tourism, it stands to reason that amateurish graphics with poorly written “copy” needs to be replaced with professional messaging and updates.
Woo hoo! “Thank you for your continued patience! Party at Beta Beta Beta tonight! Woo hoo!”
PBIA: Do better. People are trying to get home. Businesses are trying to resume operations. Provide facts, not generalities. And stay away from lines like “thank you for your continued patience.” What’s next? “Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by flight delays?”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Not Dropping
- Outrageous Agents: Boca Realtor Charged With Cocaine Possession
- Clint Moore Road Bridge To Close For Year
- Football, Lacrosse Students Quarantined At Boca Raton Community High School
- Man Charged With Intent To Sell Nearly 2 Pounds Of Pot Near Boca Raton High School
- CVS OPENS COVID-19 SHOT APPOINTMENTS
- Military Vet, In Fatigues, Threatens Attack In Boca Raton
- No Publix COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments Today
- IRONY: DeSantis Orders Flag Lowered For Limbaugh At Courthouse Where He Faced Drug Charge