PBI’s poor messaging capped by bizarre graphic on website
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The bizarre public relations handling of the closure of Palm Beach International Airport continues to become more bizarre.
The airport’s communications staff went silent for much of Tuesday. The airport’s website merely promoted itself, not the fact that the airport was shut down. The site initially provided no information to the tens of thousands of travelers impacted by the storm.
Then a mid-day update was published after we called the airpot staff to task on BocaNewsNow.com. The announcement: the airport would reopen this afternoon. Except that announcement was quickly replaced with another announcement saying they wouldn’t — essentially blaming it on the FAA.
While Fort Lauderdale Airport returned to operational status, PBIA made no further announcements, but now says “we anticipate operations to resume early Wednesday 9/4, though we don’t have a confirmed time.”
Looks like PBIA may need a new communications team once Dorian is completely gone.
When your business is tourism, it stands to reason that amateurish graphics with poorly written “copy” needs to be replaced with professional messaging and updates.
Woo hoo! “Thank you for your continued patience! Party at Beta Beta Beta tonight! Woo hoo!”
PBIA: Do better. People are trying to get home. Businesses are trying to resume operations. Provide facts, not generalities. And stay away from lines like “thank you for your continued patience.” What’s next? “Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by flight delays?”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Ten Year Old Boy Missing, Public Asked For Help
- Masks No Longer Required In Most Palm Beach County Buildings
- School Board Issues Strict Meeting Rules, Threatens Arrest
- Boca Raton Family Terrified When Man With Gun Won’t Leave Home
- COVID Captivity Case Kinda Kicked, But Palmetto Place Not In Clear
- Warning Issued: Uncle Louis G’s Ice Cream Boca
- GUILTY! Local FSU Student Convicted Of Federal Fraud, Conspiracy
- Masks Again On Agenda For Palm Beach County School Board
- POLICE: Driver Drives On Sidewalk, Kills Local Man, Hits Five Cars