BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Rex Baron Restaurant) —ED NOTE: We don’t normally run restaurant press releases verbatim, but this is so unique that it deserves attention:
Ready to excite, astound and surprise, Rex Gryphon restaurant group brings its newest REX (Restaurant, Entertainment, Xperience) destination to South Florida; its Rex Baron Survivors Kitchen/VRex Lounge will open Wednesday, October 16 at Town Center at Boca Raton beginning with lunch at 11 a.m. The second in a network of casual, upscale “vigilante posts” set for national expansion, the 8,500-square-foot “none like it” interactive, multi-sensory experiential destination meeting place, dining haven, watering hole and hi-tech virtual reality escape lounge is “where the art of food meets the art of survival.”
The avant-garde post-apocalyptic themed restaurant concept — where food, culture, community, interactive tech and art thrive — engages guests (aka survivors) with characters (aka vigilantes, the “good guys…and gals”) who together are building a peaceful, inclusive new world.
As its sister outpost to Rex Gryphon’s Mad Rex in Philadelphia, the South Florida outpost is named for its own lead vigilante Rex Baron and features a collection of authentic fashion-infused vigilante persona art exhibits (clothed in post-apocalypse recovered remnants of Dolce & Gabbana, Louis Vuitton, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Prada, John Galliano, Alexander McQueen, Isaac Sellam and Carol Christian Poell couture) each with their own personal stories. “Style so good it intimidates.” To help survivors spot and learn about each vigilante, guests are provided a pocket-size gallery guide as an app is currently under development.
“To disrupt and excel in an ever-evolving industry, we have created and mastered the REX at our posts by offering a high quality, healthy and delicious menu with a storied, rustic, new world cross-generational atmosphere that engages and stimulates,” shared hospitality industry veteran Michael Norris who leads the development of Rex Gryphon’s vigilante posts. “We look forward to sharing the REX with greater South Florida, its residents and businesses, and visitors.”
Norris shared that guests themselves will become part of the South Florida outpost ReStory (RG’s term for “restaurant story” category), as they dine and get to know more about Rex Baron and his 18 vigilante character personas (nine men and nine women) who each play an impactful role in the New World. Among those helping create a sanctuary for all survivors (including the animals) by protecting them against a lawless society while replenishing the earth, health and wellness in the New World are:
- Rex Baron leading the regional vigilante outpost
- Farmer Yamato tending and protecting the land
- Nurse Angel and former surgeon Cobra saving and healing those in need
- Roughneck drilling for water
land protecting the wells
- Drifter exploring for new territories while recruiting, and rescuing deserted pets he finds and takes care of them in the outpost’s own Animal Sanctuary
- Watson (nod to IBM) leading technology
- Former police officer Boca Blade in charge of transportation and developing new law enforcement
- Mossad in charge of intel and infiltrating insurgents
- Warhorse driving outpost security
Perfect for lunch, dinner and late night dining with family and friends as well as large private celebrations and corporate events and team-building sessions, Rex Baron is where ‘urbanites’ are encouraged to create and share their own experiences, the food and cocktails surprise, and visits to the hi-tech HD Sports Hangar and ‘Lamborghini-level’ 2,500-square-foot VREX Lounge (with 32 virtual reality and simulation stations) engages survivors in “thrill and chill” seeking “bucket list” escapes.
Located in the Nordstrom wing at Town Center at Boca Raton (6000 Glades Road, Boca Raton, Fla.) and offering inside and outside terrace dining and bar services, Rex Baron is open seven days a week, on Sundays to Thursdays from 11 a.m. to midnight and Fridays and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Reservations are not required, but can be made via Open Table, www.TheRexBaron.com or by calling (561) 447-6993.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity 13.9 Percent As Schools Open
- Palm Beach County Schools: Substitutes Needed As In-Person Learning Begins
- Palm Beach Schools: Parents Still Say “No Way” To Sending Kids Back On Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wilfred Forms, Early Track Towards Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Food Service Worker Horror Story
- Palm Beach Schools: Who Are The Parents Sending Their Kids Monday?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Expect New Tropical Storm To Form Today
- OMNI MIDDLE BOCA: Overflow Rooms In Use, Shortage Of Supplies Already
- FLORIDA COVID: State Passes 13,000 Deaths, Infections Rising Again