UPDATE: 9:08am — Here is the official advisory from Boca PD:
On September 30, 2019, just after 4:00 p.m., Boca Raton Police responded to a report of a subject who had just been shot along the 2500 block of NW 1st Avenue. Upon arrival, officers made contact with the victim who appeared to be suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. The shooter, identified as Raed Hamdan, was still on the scene and was quickly detained by officers. The victim was transported to Delray Medical Center.
Hamdan advised Boca Raton Police investigators that he was involved in a dispute with the victim over money and the two agreed to meet at an auto body shop. When Hamdan arrived in his vehicle, the dispute continued and Hamdan shot the victim multiple times. After speaking with witnesses and reviewing surveillance video, Hamdan was placed under arrest and charged with attempted second-degree murder.
If anyone has any information relevant to the investigation, they are asked to contact Detective Darryl Kingman at 561-620-6096.
UPDATE 8:28a: Boca PD says jail personnel incorrectly logged the charge. Hamdan is charged with attempted 2nd degree murder. Details forthcoming…
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (DEVELOPING — 7:52 am Oct. 1, 2019) — Raed Hamadan of the 22000 block of Overture Circle in Boca Raton is in the Palm Beach County Jail on a murder charge.
Boca Raton Police arrested Hamdan overnight and booked him into jail at 12:33 a.m.
We are awaiting an arrest report.
The official charge according to jail records: “Homicide — murder dangerous depraved without premeditation.”
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW