UPDATE 5:55pm — Police now say that the “victim” may not have actually been shot after all.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — (4:50pm UPDATE) Confirming what we reported earlier, one person was shot in what was apparently a targeted incident at Boca Raton Town Center Mall — a Simon Mall Property (NYSE:SPG)
This was NOT a “mass shooting.”
The mall remains on lockdown. SWAT team members are conducting a grid search of the mall. Anyone in the mall is asked to shelter in place until a police officer releases you from the scene.
It is unclear if anyone is in custody at this time.
The victim was transported to Delray Medical Center. His or her condition is unclear at this time.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KINSA: Palm Beach County COVID Situation Improving, But Hospitals Over Capacity
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path