UPDATE 5:55pm — Police now say that the “victim” may not have actually been shot after all.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — (4:50pm UPDATE) Confirming what we reported earlier, one person was shot in what was apparently a targeted incident at Boca Raton Town Center Mall — a Simon Mall Property (NYSE:SPG)
This was NOT a “mass shooting.”
The mall remains on lockdown. SWAT team members are conducting a grid search of the mall. Anyone in the mall is asked to shelter in place until a police officer releases you from the scene.
It is unclear if anyone is in custody at this time.
The victim was transported to Delray Medical Center. His or her condition is unclear at this time.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High