UPDATE 5:55pm — Police now say that the “victim” may not have actually been shot after all.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — (4:50pm UPDATE) Confirming what we reported earlier, one person was shot in what was apparently a targeted incident at Boca Raton Town Center Mall — a Simon Mall Property (NYSE:SPG)
This was NOT a “mass shooting.”
The mall remains on lockdown. SWAT team members are conducting a grid search of the mall. Anyone in the mall is asked to shelter in place until a police officer releases you from the scene.
It is unclear if anyone is in custody at this time.
The victim was transported to Delray Medical Center. His or her condition is unclear at this time.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Popular Boca Raton Restaurant Was Shut For Roaches, Health Code Violations
- CDC: If Vaccinated, Some Family Visiting Okay, But No Travel, No Word On Restaurants
- Silky, Smooth and Slippery: Victoria’s Secret Sued By Palm Beach County Woman
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Battering Senior Citizen
- School Board Member Dr. Robinson: It’s Time To Step Up On FSA’s
- In Hidden Trump, DeSantis COVID Report, Florida Looking Better
- POLICE: Woman Visiting From Saudi Arabia Charged With Shoplifting At Macy’s
- Sober Homes Operate In High End Delray Beach, Boca Raton Communities
- CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments In South Florida Right Now