UPDATE 5:55pm — Police now say that the “victim” may not have actually been shot after all.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — (4:50pm UPDATE) Confirming what we reported earlier, one person was shot in what was apparently a targeted incident at Boca Raton Town Center Mall — a Simon Mall Property (NYSE:SPG)
This was NOT a “mass shooting.”
The mall remains on lockdown. SWAT team members are conducting a grid search of the mall. Anyone in the mall is asked to shelter in place until a police officer releases you from the scene.
It is unclear if anyone is in custody at this time.
The victim was transported to Delray Medical Center. His or her condition is unclear at this time.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CRASH UPDATE: Victim Of Fender Bender Killed When Hit Near Glades Road
- Generator Company Reviews: Tell Us About Your Experience In Palm Beach County
- United Way Of Palm Beach County Raises $433K For Non-Profit Workers
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: Critical Crash Northbound Near Glades Road
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On The Wave, Development Possible
- Homeowner Sues Valencia Reserve, Critically Injured
- DONNA KLEIN JEWISH ACADEMY SUED: STUDENT BULLIED, INJURED
- POLICE: Bulldog Named Morty Attacks Golden Retriever In Seven Bridges, Punctures Ear
- HURRICANE CENTER: There’s Another Wave To Watch