Boca Police not completely discounting slim possibility of gunfire, but there’s no evidence that it happened
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There was apparently no shooting at Town Center Mall and the “victim” hit his head on a door which left blood and hair while “escaping” the apparent non-event. Boca Raton Police Chief Dan Alexander Sunday evening said there was something that caused people to panic and flee, but it’s unclear just what that was.
The chaotic reaction was apparently nothing more than a whisper-down-the-lane-social-media-fueled seemingly irrational reaction to an unidentified noise at the mall which led someone to run, hit their head, leave blood, and create chaos in a world where every loud bang brings fear of a mass shooting.
While not completely discounting that a gun may have been fired, there have been no shell casings recovered, there is no suspect, and there are reports of a “loud noise” just before the chaos ensued.
Even police originally believed that someone was shot, stating officially that a gunshot victim was transported to Delray Medical Center. But that report was quickly amended as Boca police — always quick to release details — developed new information.
Police are reviewing surveillance video from cameras positioned throughout the mall to determine what led to the chaos.
Chief Alexander credited his officers and area agencies with a massive, fast response, pointing out that Boca Raton officers are always on scene at Boca Raton Town Center Mall.
Anyone with information is asked to call Boca Raton Police or CrimeStoppers of Palm Beach County at 800-458-TIPS.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Under 300
- Coast Guard Looking For Plane South Of Boca Raton
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge