Boca Police not completely discounting slim possibility of gunfire, but there’s no evidence that it happened
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There was apparently no shooting at Town Center Mall and the “victim” hit his head on a door which left blood and hair while “escaping” the apparent non-event. Boca Raton Police Chief Dan Alexander Sunday evening said there was something that caused people to panic and flee, but it’s unclear just what that was.
The chaotic reaction was apparently nothing more than a whisper-down-the-lane-social-media-fueled seemingly irrational reaction to an unidentified noise at the mall which led someone to run, hit their head, leave blood, and create chaos in a world where every loud bang brings fear of a mass shooting.
While not completely discounting that a gun may have been fired, there have been no shell casings recovered, there is no suspect, and there are reports of a “loud noise” just before the chaos ensued.
Even police originally believed that someone was shot, stating officially that a gunshot victim was transported to Delray Medical Center. But that report was quickly amended as Boca police — always quick to release details — developed new information.
Police are reviewing surveillance video from cameras positioned throughout the mall to determine what led to the chaos.
Chief Alexander credited his officers and area agencies with a massive, fast response, pointing out that Boca Raton officers are always on scene at Boca Raton Town Center Mall.
Anyone with information is asked to call Boca Raton Police or CrimeStoppers of Palm Beach County at 800-458-TIPS.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed