No Communication From Principal Barbara Riemer About Need For Two Drills In Two Days
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We don’t know if it’s a leadership problem, incompetence, a lack of communication from district officials to middle management, or all of the above, but students at Whispering Pines Elementary School in West Boca Raton have endured two “Code Red” drills in just 30 hours.
There has been no explanation from Principal Barbara Riemer as to why she permitted two drills in such a short period of time. In fact, there has been no communication from Riemer at all following the second drill.
The first drill was late Monday afternoon and disrupted classes. Students — many having spent the morning preparing for a second week of high-stress mandatory School District “assessment” testing, found themselves locked down for what – by our count — is the 15th time this semester.
That drill was followed by an identical drill during after school activities Tuesday, in which school officials prohibited parents from retrieving their children — delaying doctors appointments, after school sports, lessons, play practices and other time-sensitive activities. Yet again, school officials were playing “code red,” pushing children into bathrooms instead of releasing them to their parents. Despite printed Palm Beach County School District policy, parents were not given advanced notice of the Tuesday afternoon “code red,” nor were they advised that it had taken place.
Mental health professionals, law enforcement professionals and educators are now questioning — en masse — whether the ongoing “code red” drills across Palm Beach County schools are effective or causing psychological damage to children who are enduring these drills on a regular basis.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEATHTOBER FLORIDA: State, Palm Beach County COVID Deaths, Infections Climbing Again
- UPDATE: Parents MUST Choose Distance or In-Person Within Days For PBC Schools
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Heavy Rain For Days, Flood Watch Through Sunday
- TRAFFIC: Palm Beach County Projects Slow The Go, See Them All Here
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom