Man Dies In Gym, GL Homes Allegedly Did Not Supply Cardiac Equipment. Advertised “Experience The Lifestyle.”
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The family of a man who died in the new community of Dakota on Lyons Road in Delray Beach is suing GL Homes for wrongful death and several other claims.
According to the suit, which you can read in its entirety below, Jarret Berman was working out in the Dakota clubhouse on June 12th when he collapsed due to a heart attack and died — leaving behind his wife and three young daughters. GL Homes, according to the suit, did not place a defibrillator in the club house. The community remains under construction.
The suit states: “it took 13 minutes for Palm Bach County Fire Rescue to arrive to the scene of Jarret Berman’s sudden cardiac arrest in the Dakota development. When Palm Beach County Fire Rescue arrived, Jarret Berman had a shockable heart rhythm. Therefore, a normal rhythm could have been restored with appropriate and timely medical care/equipment.”
The suit adds:
“Defendants knew, or should have known, that Dakota was located a substantial distance away from the nearest Fire Rescue station and that in the event of emergency it would take an unusually long period of time to respond to the development.”
“Defendants did not have any life-saving equipment on the subject premises.”
The lawsuit was just filed in Palm Beach County circuit court and also lists corporate names that share the identical address to GL Homes’ Headquarters in Sunrise, including 441 Acquisition LLC. Also listed: The Dakota Homeowner’s Association. GL Homes traditionally controls the HOA’s in its communities while they are under construction. GL Homes Project Manager Kara Babcock is listed as the president of the Dakota HOA, according to filings by GL Homes with the Clerk of Court.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Kids Are Testing Positive At Boca Raton Area Camps, What Does That Mean For School?
- Here’s How To Remove Your Child From Palm Beach County Schools
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF