BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Lois Grossberg, according to a lawsuit just filed, fell to the ground when the shopping cart she was using at Beall’s in Boynton suddenly stopped.
According to the suit, Grossberg was pushing the shopping cart towards the bathroom when an inventory alarm sounded. She, allegedly, tried to pull the shopping cart backwards when the cart just stopped. Not expecting the wheels to “lock,” Grossberg fell to the ground.
According to the suit:
“At all times material hereto, Defendant, BEALL’S INC., possessed and maintained a certain shopping cart which it provided to Plaintiff, Lois Grossberg, which was maintained in a manner which rendered the shopping cart unable to safely be utilized in an ordinary manner without its wheels jamming and stopping suddenly. The subject shopping cart also had a significant amount of debris wrapped around the wheel axles.”
Adds the suit:
“On or about May 21, 2019, midway through shopping for clothes at Defendant BEALL’S INC.’S store located at 9903 South Military Trail, Boynton Beach, Florida, Plaintiff LOIS GROSSBERG, pushed that certain shopping cart toward the women’s restroom at the back of the store. The merchandise in the shopping cart caused an alarm to sound, prompting Plaintiff to pull the cart back behind the alarm sensor. While attempting to back the cart, the wheels jammed and stopped suddenly, causing Plaintiff to lose her balance and fall hard onto the floor.”
The suit is filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court where the statutory minimum is $15,000.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Crash Backs Up Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Ordered Closed By Health Inspector
- SECURITY ALERT: Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport Evacuated
- HAMMER TIME: Boca Raton Woman Allegedly Hits Husband On Head With Hammer
- Body Found On Side Of Palm Beach County Road, FHP Asks For Tips
- Body Found In North Broward Burning Car
- Boomers Boca Raton Sued Again, Another Go-Kart Claim
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Man Allegedly Burglarizes Neighbor, Is Hit With Baseball Bat
- NEED A JOB? Palm Beach County School District Sets Major Hiring Event