BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Lois Grossberg, according to a lawsuit just filed, fell to the ground when the shopping cart she was using at Beall’s in Boynton suddenly stopped.
According to the suit, Grossberg was pushing the shopping cart towards the bathroom when an inventory alarm sounded. She, allegedly, tried to pull the shopping cart backwards when the cart just stopped. Not expecting the wheels to “lock,” Grossberg fell to the ground.
According to the suit:
“At all times material hereto, Defendant, BEALL’S INC., possessed and maintained a certain shopping cart which it provided to Plaintiff, Lois Grossberg, which was maintained in a manner which rendered the shopping cart unable to safely be utilized in an ordinary manner without its wheels jamming and stopping suddenly. The subject shopping cart also had a significant amount of debris wrapped around the wheel axles.”
Adds the suit:
“On or about May 21, 2019, midway through shopping for clothes at Defendant BEALL’S INC.’S store located at 9903 South Military Trail, Boynton Beach, Florida, Plaintiff LOIS GROSSBERG, pushed that certain shopping cart toward the women’s restroom at the back of the store. The merchandise in the shopping cart caused an alarm to sound, prompting Plaintiff to pull the cart back behind the alarm sensor. While attempting to back the cart, the wheels jammed and stopped suddenly, causing Plaintiff to lose her balance and fall hard onto the floor.”
The suit is filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court where the statutory minimum is $15,000.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors