BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boca Raton Police) — On Monday, February 3, 2020 at approximately 7:30 a.m., Boca Raton Police responded to a report of a deceased person found in the parking garage at 1 South Ocean Boulevard (One Ocean Plaza). Officers arriving on scene found the body of a male who appeared to have been stabbed. The identity of the male was not immediately known.
While on scene, Boca Raton Police investigators received information from the Delray Beach Police Department about an early morning traffic stop in their city involving 26-year-old Jared Noiman. At the time of the traffic stop, Noiman was covered in blood and claimed to have been in an altercation in Boca Raton. Noiman would not elaborate on who was involved in the altercation and did not wish to report a crime. That information, in addition to surveillance footage in the area of One Ocean Plaza, helped investigators identify Noiman as a suspect. As they continued to gather evidence, it became apparent that the stabbing was domestic-related.
At approximately 5:45 p.m., a Boca Raton Police officer located the suspect vehicle traveling along Glades Road. A traffic stop was conducted and officers made contact with Noiman, who was driving the vehicle. Noiman was arrested for driving without a valid driver’s license and transported to the Boca Raton Police Services Department. An interview was conducted, and Noiman was later transported to the Palm Beach County Jail. At this time, Noiman remained a suspect in the stabbing investigation; however, probable cause had not been established to charge him with a crime related to the stabbing.
On February 4, 2020, Noiman returned to the Boca Raton Police Department voluntarily and requested to speak with investigators. Noiman said he wanted to confess to the murder of his father, Jay Noiman. He said the two lived together out of his father’s vehicle and they slept in the parking garage at One Ocean Plaza. Noiman said he did not like the way his father treated him and he started having thoughts about killing him. Noiman continued his statement with a detailed description of how he stabbed his father and then strangled him while he was sleeping in the parking garage.
Noiman was taken into custody and charged with First Degree Murder. He was transported to the Palm Beach County Jail.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High