BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County School District) (February 26, 2020 at 2:25pm) — The State of Florida confirms that there are currently no documented cases of Coronavirus in Palm Beach County or in Florida.
However, the School District of Palm Beach County is being proactive and following CDC recommendations and guidelines in preparation for potential cases of the virus.
The Palm Beach County School District has been actively monitoring developments related to Coronavirus since its inception. School District leadership is reviewing response plans accordingly in full compliance with CDC and the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) and guidance to ensure that all necessary resources and procedures are in place to address any potential Coronavirus impact in our community.
“The Palm Beach County School District has a robust, long-standing professional relationship with the FDOH and will work in close collaboration with all public health officials and governmental agencies throughout the state to provide guidance, promote awareness, and initiate response actions as needed,” said Donald Fennoy, Superintendent of the School District of Palm Beach County.
For more comprehensive information about Coronavirus please refer to the CDC’s designated Coronavirus webpage.
Please also be advised that the School Board will be updated on the District’s Infection Disease Plan during the March 4th School Board Meeting. This meeting is open to the public and will be streamed live on palmbeachschools.org. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 2 p.m.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar
- South Palm Beach County Hospitals Filling With COVID Patients
- COVID CRISIS: Aloha Food Shack Packed, Boca Officials Do Nothing
- Palm Beach Schools Closed Monday
- Palm Beach Post Editor Sends Expletive Filled Email To Our Newsroom
- Are City of Boca Raton Restaurants, Stores Safe From COVID?
- FLORIDA: Another 205 Dead From COVID In One Day, Now 24K Deaths
- Boynton Beach Cops Nab Gun Waving Perps
- JAIL: Delray Beach Man Charged With Robbery, Assault