BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County School District at 12pm, March 2, 2020) — On March 1, 2020, Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-51 directing a Public Health Emergency and statewide response protocol for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). There are currently no known cases of Coronavirus in Palm Beach County.
Schools in Palm Beach County are functioning as normal. The School District is being proactive by initiating enhanced cleaning methods in all schools. The District’s Department of Environmental Services (ECS) has implemented enhanced campus and kitchen cleaning for the next 30 days. This proactive Districtwide cleaning initiative will be re-evaluated at the end of March to determine if continued intensive cleaning is warranted.
The School District is actively communicating with the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) about the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The Florida Department of Health advises:
– If you are sick, stay home from school.
– Avoid close contact with those who are already sick.
– Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or the crook of your arm.
– Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds.
– Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth.
The District is taking this health threat very seriously, continuing to monitor schools for potential cases.
The School District has activated a website dedicated specifically to updates and educational information about Coronavirus.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Doc Claims Reputation Firm Posted Fake Reviews
- West Boca Raton Woman Jailed On Drug, Fraud Charges
- Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Completely Close
- Fired Elementary School Kitchen Worker To Receive $125K
- MONDAY: Will Boca Regional Hospital Spread COVID-19 With Fundraising Events?
- Hospital Bed Availability In Palm Beach County Plummets
- NOT A COP: Delray Beach Man Charged With Impersonating Law Enforcement
- FLORIDA: Man Sues Car Wash, Surprised It’s Slippery When Wet
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call