BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County School District at 12pm, March 2, 2020) — On March 1, 2020, Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-51 directing a Public Health Emergency and statewide response protocol for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). There are currently no known cases of Coronavirus in Palm Beach County.
Schools in Palm Beach County are functioning as normal. The School District is being proactive by initiating enhanced cleaning methods in all schools. The District’s Department of Environmental Services (ECS) has implemented enhanced campus and kitchen cleaning for the next 30 days. This proactive Districtwide cleaning initiative will be re-evaluated at the end of March to determine if continued intensive cleaning is warranted.
The School District is actively communicating with the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) about the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The Florida Department of Health advises:
– If you are sick, stay home from school.
– Avoid close contact with those who are already sick.
– Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or the crook of your arm.
– Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds.
– Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth.
The District is taking this health threat very seriously, continuing to monitor schools for potential cases.
The School District has activated a website dedicated specifically to updates and educational information about Coronavirus.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: Water Rescue In Boynton Beach Inlet
- UPDATE: BOCA RATON MAN HOLDS THERAPIST HOSTAGE, ASSAULTS
- Palm Beach County House Sales Plummet
- SHOT IN HEAD: This Is The Boca Raton Man Cops Shot During Rescue
- MANDATORY ID CARDS PROPOSED FOR PRE-K, HIGHER, IN PALM BEACH SCHOOLS
- BOCA BRIDGES LAWSUIT: Homeowner Sues G.L. Homes Contractor
- CLAIM: Man Physically, Mentally Abused At Manor Care Delray Beach
- DUI Arrest For Boca Raton Woman, 64
- AMBER ALERT: PALM BEACH COUNTY GIRL MISSING