UPDATE: 12:30p Monday, March 9, 2020: Some area stores are receiving some stock. Publix — and there may be others at this point — are enforcing limits due to the demand. The following sign is now seen on shelves at Publix locations throughout the area.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Keeping in mind that stock changes regularly and you never know what’s being rationed in the back of a store, anyone looking for Clorox wipes, hand sanitizer, even Aloe Vera gel across Boca Raton and Delray Beach this weekend found pretty much nothing.
From Publix to Home Depot, Walgreens to Walmart, even multiple Target stores in the area, BocaNewsNow.com sampled regional retailers and found nothing but empty shelves.
And unlike the days before a hurricane or tropical storm where retailers move supply from other parts of the country, there is currently no stock to ship our way. The outages are everywhere. BocaNewsNow.com had reason to sample stores in the greater Chicago area and Phoenix, AZ over the past 96 hours and also found nothing.
While we advise not giving into the panic — just wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds throughout the day and don’t take a cruise — know that searching store after store likely won’t yield the anti-coronavirus-panic-kits you seek.
If you do find mass quantities of items in demand, let us know. news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
ED. NOTE @ 8:20a Monday, March 9, 2020: We’re not commenting on whether or not folks should be trying to stock up on these items. This is merely a snapshot of what retail conditions were — at many locations — over the past few days.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Boca Raton Forecloses Over $3K, One Third Owed To Attorney
- WOMAN VANISHES FROM FORT LAUDERDALE HOLLYWOOD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 To Close Tonight In Boca Raton
- MAJOR FLIGHT DELAYS: Flights From Florida To New York, Mid-Atlantic Delayed Due To Smoke
- SWAT Storms Cortland Uptown Boca, Nabs Two On Weapons, Financial Crimes
- DOUNUGHT DISASTER: Krispy Kreme Sued In Palm Beach County After Critical Injury
- BOCA POLICE 911 CALL: WITNESS FEARED FOR CHILD IN CAR
- National Hurricane Center Still Monitoring System Far East Of Florida
- Pedestrian Struck By Brightline Train In Delray Beach