BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: FAU Media Advisory published verbatim) — No cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported at Florida Atlantic University. However, FAU has updated its COVID-19 advisory page to reflect specific actions the university will take following directions issued today by the Florida State University System’s Board of Governors.
For example, FAU will transition to 100 percent remote instruction beginning Monday, March 16, and this is scheduled to continue for two weeks. The university will remain open; all faculty and staff should report for work as normal.
Additional updates are available at http://www.fau.edu/coronavirus/. As this is a fluid situation, members of the media should continue to check the advisory page for updates. All new information will be posted there as soon as it’s available.
FAU continues to closely monitor the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. The health and safety of students, faculty and staff is the highest priority and FAU officials are working closely with local, state and federal agencies to share the most updated information.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Expect New Tropical Storm To Form Today
- OMNI MIDDLE BOCA: Overflow Rooms In Use, Shortage Of Supplies Already
- FLORIDA COVID: State Passes 13,000 Deaths, Infections Rising Again
- Palm Beach Schools: Constant Hand Washing, Masking, When Is Learning Time?
- Serious DUI Charge For Andrea Kruse of West Boca Raton
- Police Jail Delray Beach Man On Battery, Resisting Charges
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Stalking, Intimidation
- Boca Raton Area School Principals Being Praised For Early COVID Plans
- Boca Teacher Says Parents Are Huge Problem For Virtual Education