BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County School District Superintendent Donald Fennoy Tuesday told Palm Beach County Commissioners that all is currently fine and officials are preparing a plan should certain schools need to close — but no closures are needed now.
Less than a day later, however, the school district just announced that a job fair focused on recruiting teachers from NYC will be held online.
From the school district via Twitter:
“Due to an abundance of caution, we have re-structured this event to a virtual interview event! If interested in an interview with @pbcsd for FY21 positions, dee details below.”
The misuse of the word “due” aside, here is the flyer that was just released.
The sudden switch is generating considerable traffic on social media, with many posters wondering if this is the right call, an over-reaction, or if the Palm Beach County School District needs a more action-oriented plan.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside
- LOWEST IN A YEAR: Local COVID Hospitalizations Plummet
- No Mask Required In Publix If You Are Vaccinated
- Enhanced DUI Charge For Boca Man, Open Corona In Car When Stopped
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks