BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County School District Superintendent Donald Fennoy Tuesday told Palm Beach County Commissioners that all is currently fine and officials are preparing a plan should certain schools need to close — but no closures are needed now.
Less than a day later, however, the school district just announced that a job fair focused on recruiting teachers from NYC will be held online.
From the school district via Twitter:
“Due to an abundance of caution, we have re-structured this event to a virtual interview event! If interested in an interview with @pbcsd for FY21 positions, dee details below.”
The misuse of the word “due” aside, here is the flyer that was just released.
The sudden switch is generating considerable traffic on social media, with many posters wondering if this is the right call, an over-reaction, or if the Palm Beach County School District needs a more action-oriented plan.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected