BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County School District Superintendent Donald Fennoy Tuesday told Palm Beach County Commissioners that all is currently fine and officials are preparing a plan should certain schools need to close — but no closures are needed now.
Less than a day later, however, the school district just announced that a job fair focused on recruiting teachers from NYC will be held online.
From the school district via Twitter:
“Due to an abundance of caution, we have re-structured this event to a virtual interview event! If interested in an interview with @pbcsd for FY21 positions, dee details below.”
The misuse of the word “due” aside, here is the flyer that was just released.
The sudden switch is generating considerable traffic on social media, with many posters wondering if this is the right call, an over-reaction, or if the Palm Beach County School District needs a more action-oriented plan.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar
- South Palm Beach County Hospitals Filling With COVID Patients
- COVID CRISIS: Aloha Food Shack Packed, Boca Officials Do Nothing
- Palm Beach Schools Closed Monday
- Palm Beach Post Editor Sends Expletive Filled Email To Our Newsroom
- Are City of Boca Raton Restaurants, Stores Safe From COVID?
- FLORIDA: Another 205 Dead From COVID In One Day, Now 24K Deaths
- Boynton Beach Cops Nab Gun Waving Perps
- JAIL: Delray Beach Man Charged With Robbery, Assault