ALL OUT OF STATE STUDENT, TEACHER TRIPS CANCELLED
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District is cancelling all out of state trips, including the annual fifth grade trip to Washington, D.C. for members of each elementary school’s Safety Patrol.
From the School District at 4:47pm on Wednesday, March 11, 2020:
Dear Parents and Staff-
The School District of Palm Beach County continues to monitor Coronavirus (COVID-19). While there are NO known cases of Coronavirus in Palm Beach County, District staff remains vigilant and proactive.
Principals at our 179 District-operated schools are going about their day and their lessons as normal.
The safety and well-being of our students, staff, and school communities remain our top priority. Safety is the criterion by which all decisions are made.
Effective immediately, ALL out-of-state, District-sponsored field trips are suspended until further notice. This includes all Safety Patrol trips to Washington D.C.
Additionally, out-of-state trips that the District arranged for staff have been canceled.
While this is disappointing for some, as a District, we feel this decision is in the best interest of our school community.
In-state travel is still being evaluated. You will be updated as decisions are made.
With spring break beginning March 21, travel plans are also at the forefront of family’s minds.
The Florida Department of Health (FDOH) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are instructing anyone who may be visiting high-risk countries, including Italy, China, South Korea, and Iran, to be familiar with recommendations to self-quarantine for 14 days upon return.
Consistent and continued communication is key in a situation such as this. The District will continue to supply daily updates to parents and staff.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FREE AT-HOME COVID TESTS: Order Yours Now From The Federal Government
- SIRENS: Dead In Boca Glades, Heart Issue At Olympic Heights High, Fire In Boca Grove
- Boca Raton Woman Crashes Mercedes Into Honda After Two Martinis
- In Florida, 65 Die From COVID Monday, But Hospitalizations Dropping
- Florida Fish And Wildlife Commission Releases Details Of Weekend Fatal Crash
- UPDATE: Orlando Man Dies In Boca Raton I-95 Crash
- TRAFFIC ALERT: ALL LANES ON I-95 NORTHBOUND SHUT IN BOCA RATON
- SIRENS: Assault In Boca Dunes, Hard Fall In Boca Raton Publix, Trauma In St. Andrews
- COLD! Wind Chill In The 30s Possible In Palm Beach County Tonight