ALL OUT OF STATE STUDENT, TEACHER TRIPS CANCELLED
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District is cancelling all out of state trips, including the annual fifth grade trip to Washington, D.C. for members of each elementary school’s Safety Patrol.
From the School District at 4:47pm on Wednesday, March 11, 2020:
Dear Parents and Staff-
The School District of Palm Beach County continues to monitor Coronavirus (COVID-19). While there are NO known cases of Coronavirus in Palm Beach County, District staff remains vigilant and proactive.
Principals at our 179 District-operated schools are going about their day and their lessons as normal.
The safety and well-being of our students, staff, and school communities remain our top priority. Safety is the criterion by which all decisions are made.
Effective immediately, ALL out-of-state, District-sponsored field trips are suspended until further notice. This includes all Safety Patrol trips to Washington D.C.
Additionally, out-of-state trips that the District arranged for staff have been canceled.
While this is disappointing for some, as a District, we feel this decision is in the best interest of our school community.
In-state travel is still being evaluated. You will be updated as decisions are made.
With spring break beginning March 21, travel plans are also at the forefront of family’s minds.
The Florida Department of Health (FDOH) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are instructing anyone who may be visiting high-risk countries, including Italy, China, South Korea, and Iran, to be familiar with recommendations to self-quarantine for 14 days upon return.
Consistent and continued communication is key in a situation such as this. The District will continue to supply daily updates to parents and staff.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Ten Year Old Boy Missing, Public Asked For Help
- Masks No Longer Required In Most Palm Beach County Buildings
- School Board Issues Strict Meeting Rules, Threatens Arrest
- Boca Raton Family Terrified When Man With Gun Won’t Leave Home
- COVID Captivity Case Kinda Kicked, But Palmetto Place Not In Clear
- Warning Issued: Uncle Louis G’s Ice Cream Boca
- GUILTY! Local FSU Student Convicted Of Federal Fraud, Conspiracy
- Masks Again On Agenda For Palm Beach County School Board
- POLICE: Driver Drives On Sidewalk, Kills Local Man, Hits Five Cars