ALL OUT OF STATE STUDENT, TEACHER TRIPS CANCELLED
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District is cancelling all out of state trips, including the annual fifth grade trip to Washington, D.C. for members of each elementary school’s Safety Patrol.
From the School District at 4:47pm on Wednesday, March 11, 2020:
Dear Parents and Staff-
The School District of Palm Beach County continues to monitor Coronavirus (COVID-19). While there are NO known cases of Coronavirus in Palm Beach County, District staff remains vigilant and proactive.
Principals at our 179 District-operated schools are going about their day and their lessons as normal.
The safety and well-being of our students, staff, and school communities remain our top priority. Safety is the criterion by which all decisions are made.
Effective immediately, ALL out-of-state, District-sponsored field trips are suspended until further notice. This includes all Safety Patrol trips to Washington D.C.
Additionally, out-of-state trips that the District arranged for staff have been canceled.
While this is disappointing for some, as a District, we feel this decision is in the best interest of our school community.
In-state travel is still being evaluated. You will be updated as decisions are made.
With spring break beginning March 21, travel plans are also at the forefront of family’s minds.
The Florida Department of Health (FDOH) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are instructing anyone who may be visiting high-risk countries, including Italy, China, South Korea, and Iran, to be familiar with recommendations to self-quarantine for 14 days upon return.
Consistent and continued communication is key in a situation such as this. The District will continue to supply daily updates to parents and staff.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity 13.9 Percent As Schools Open
- Palm Beach County Schools: Substitutes Needed As In-Person Learning Begins
- Palm Beach Schools: Parents Still Say “No Way” To Sending Kids Back On Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wilfred Forms, Early Track Towards Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Food Service Worker Horror Story
- Palm Beach Schools: Who Are The Parents Sending Their Kids Monday?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Expect New Tropical Storm To Form Today
- OMNI MIDDLE BOCA: Overflow Rooms In Use, Shortage Of Supplies Already
- FLORIDA COVID: State Passes 13,000 Deaths, Infections Rising Again