BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com is being contacted by many readers complaining that companies aren’t doing the right thing — refusing to refund trips, purchases, you name it. While we are investigating some of these and will absolutely name names over the next few days, don’t forget that you can always contest a charge with your credit card company.
American Express lets you do it online. If you have an Amex card, login to your account, look for a specific charge and then push the “dispute this charge” button. You’ll be asked a series of questions but when you are done, Amex will temporarily put a hold on the charge and investigate the merchant. If Amex rules in your favor, the charge will be reversed and the merchant will be fined.
Visa, Mastercard and Discover all have their own ways of launching disputes as well, but in all cases, they’ll place a hold on the charge and investigate. Login to your credit card’s website or call the customer service number. Tell the representative that you want to dispute a charge.
In all cases: the more information you have, the better. If you think someone is violating Florida law, take a screen shot of the law from the state’s website and include it with your dispute. If you asked for a refund and were denied, send a copy of the email. The credit card companies want to help you, but need proof and documentation to do so.
Do you think you’re being scammed? We love to look into consumer complaints. Email us at news (at) bocanewsnow.com. We will help you whenever we can — and we will expose wrongdoing when it is, in fact, wrong.
The Attorney General’s office is also a good place to file a complaint. You can visit that site, here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny