Agency takes 20 hours to respond to questions about rumors involving Boca Area Hospital.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com, trying to get to the bottom of a rumor Wednesday night involving a local West Boca Hospital, reached out to the Florida Department of Health.
One would think the Florida Health Department would be quick to support the fast sharing of information during a quasi-crisis. One would think that the Florida Department of Health would be interested in definitively reporting that the rumor involving isolated people in a hospital– spreading at great speed on social medial — was untrue.
One would think.
But the Florida Department of Health’s media center, when contacted online, took nearly 20 hours to respond. And the response showed a scary level of incompetence and a disconnect the social-media-driven world in which we live. Here’s the response:
“Please visit FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19 for all confirmed cases. Thank you.”
No contact. No guidance. No insight into what was really happening at the hospital that sparked the mass rumors. Nothing. Just 20 hours for a website referral.
The Florida Department of Health needs to step up its communication — one of the main jobs of any public health agency.
And for the record, there was NO incident at a local hospital.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In