Agency takes 20 hours to respond to questions about rumors involving Boca Area Hospital.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com, trying to get to the bottom of a rumor Wednesday night involving a local West Boca Hospital, reached out to the Florida Department of Health.
One would think the Florida Health Department would be quick to support the fast sharing of information during a quasi-crisis. One would think that the Florida Department of Health would be interested in definitively reporting that the rumor involving isolated people in a hospital– spreading at great speed on social medial — was untrue.
One would think.
But the Florida Department of Health’s media center, when contacted online, took nearly 20 hours to respond. And the response showed a scary level of incompetence and a disconnect the social-media-driven world in which we live. Here’s the response:
“Please visit FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19 for all confirmed cases. Thank you.”
No contact. No guidance. No insight into what was really happening at the hospital that sparked the mass rumors. Nothing. Just 20 hours for a website referral.
The Florida Department of Health needs to step up its communication — one of the main jobs of any public health agency.
And for the record, there was NO incident at a local hospital.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Jamie Savard Jailed On Drug Charge
- NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE: Cold Front Boca Raton, Delray Beach In Days
- Four Hospitalized, Three Critically In Boynton Crash
- FLORIDA HEALTH DEPT: NO COVID NUMBERS ON THANKSGIVING
- FLORIDA: Another 97 Empty Seats At Dinner Table As COVID Deaths Soar In State
- MASK FINE: Palmetto Place Condo Owner Fined $5100, She Says It’s Illegal
- KINSA: Florida Now COVID Critical
- Boynton Beach Man Arrested In Maryland For Local Murder
- Florida Hospital Available Capacity Now Under 25 Percent