Agency takes 20 hours to respond to questions about rumors involving Boca Area Hospital.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com, trying to get to the bottom of a rumor Wednesday night involving a local West Boca Hospital, reached out to the Florida Department of Health.
One would think the Florida Health Department would be quick to support the fast sharing of information during a quasi-crisis. One would think that the Florida Department of Health would be interested in definitively reporting that the rumor involving isolated people in a hospital– spreading at great speed on social medial — was untrue.
One would think.
But the Florida Department of Health’s media center, when contacted online, took nearly 20 hours to respond. And the response showed a scary level of incompetence and a disconnect the social-media-driven world in which we live. Here’s the response:
“Please visit FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19 for all confirmed cases. Thank you.”
No contact. No guidance. No insight into what was really happening at the hospital that sparked the mass rumors. Nothing. Just 20 hours for a website referral.
The Florida Department of Health needs to step up its communication — one of the main jobs of any public health agency.
And for the record, there was NO incident at a local hospital.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SIRENS: Dead In A Palm Beach Hotel, Crash On I-95, Fall At Olympic Heights High
- FLYING TODAY? JetBlue, United, Southwest All Reporting Delays Out Of Fort Lauderdale
- WEATHER: Stunning Days Ahead For Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- OMICRON: No Mask Change, Yet, For Palm Beach Schools
- SIRENS: Car Crashes At SunPass Building, Several Fall In Boca West, Pot Burns At Kings Point
- Boynton Man Who Allegedly Stole Kid’s College Fund Demands Article Removal, Not Happening
- Multiple High Priority Violations For Boca Raton Italian Restaurant
- SIRENS: Car Burns In Mizner Country Club, Car Crashes In Kings Point, Person Drunk In Publix
- Fort Lauderdale Airport: Parking Back To Normal, Garages Open Again