WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are still no official reports of Coronavirus in Palm Beach County, but consider this announcement from Palm Beach County Fire Rescue concerning an incident on a plane overnight, starting March 11, 2020 and updating March 12, 2020:
At 8:40pm Palm Beach County Fire Rescue crews responded to a medical incident aboard a commercial aircraft at PBIA. At this time all is under control and the Palm Beach County Health Department is on location evaluating the situation. More information will be released once the health department completes their evaluation the situation.
And then a few hours later:
The Palm Beach County Health Department has completed their assessment of the situation and spoken with all passengers on board the commercial aircraft. All CDC and department of health guidelines were followed for a COVID-19 positive patient. At this time passengers in the vicinity of the positive patient were advised of monitoring procedures. The rest of the passengers were released to go home and given directions by Dr. Alonso to call the health department with any medical concerns.
PBIA is sterilizing the limited containment area that the passengers were deplaned, which was a separate location from the main terminals of the airport.
As of 5:45 am Thursday morning, the Florida Department of Health was still reporting no positive tests in Palm Beach County, although it is unclear how many — if any — tests have conducted in Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday