WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are still no official reports of Coronavirus in Palm Beach County, but consider this announcement from Palm Beach County Fire Rescue concerning an incident on a plane overnight, starting March 11, 2020 and updating March 12, 2020:
At 8:40pm Palm Beach County Fire Rescue crews responded to a medical incident aboard a commercial aircraft at PBIA. At this time all is under control and the Palm Beach County Health Department is on location evaluating the situation. More information will be released once the health department completes their evaluation the situation.
And then a few hours later:
The Palm Beach County Health Department has completed their assessment of the situation and spoken with all passengers on board the commercial aircraft. All CDC and department of health guidelines were followed for a COVID-19 positive patient. At this time passengers in the vicinity of the positive patient were advised of monitoring procedures. The rest of the passengers were released to go home and given directions by Dr. Alonso to call the health department with any medical concerns.
PBIA is sterilizing the limited containment area that the passengers were deplaned, which was a separate location from the main terminals of the airport.
As of 5:45 am Thursday morning, the Florida Department of Health was still reporting no positive tests in Palm Beach County, although it is unclear how many — if any — tests have conducted in Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway