Readers Are Asking If New Yorkers Can Be Prevented From Entering Area. Seriously.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com is being swamped with email from folks who, quite simply, don’t want New Yorkers coming to the area.
With New York City officially under a state of emergency, and many businesses — including major international law firms — closing down, there is a whisper campaign that New Yorkers are going to migrate to Palm Beach County and bring Coronavirus into Boca Raton, Delray Beach, and their gated communities.
“Can they be kept out?” asked one reader.
“Can they be tested before they come into Palm Beach County?” asked another.
“Is Century Village safe?” asked several readers.
While many area communities are considering the closure of club houses, gyms and community rooms until the Coronavirus situation stabilizes, there is — of course — no prohibition on New Yorkers coming to Boca, Delray, Boynton, or anywhere.
A man on a JetBlue flight from New York to West Palm Beach did announce that he was positive for Coronavirus upon landing at PBI Wednesday night. The Health Department responded to the scene.
Another reader, after hearing stories about the JetBlue passenger, shared this thought with BocaNewsNow.com:
“There are absolutely Coronavirus cases already in Palm Beach County,” he wrote. “But no one is being tested. If you don’t test, you don’t know. Once testing starts, I bet the numbers will skyrocket into the thousands.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony
- SIRENS: Traumatic Injury At West Boca High, Dead In Valencia, Overheating At Delray Tennis Center
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Mother, Wrongly Claims She Won’t Be Arrested
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School Threat Ongoing, Yet Nothing, All At The Same Time
- LAWSUIT: Paver Company Steamrolled Local Homeowner During Pool Renovation
- SIRENS: Choking In Boca, Suicide Attempt At Target, Trauma At A Country Club