BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County Library System Media Advisory verbatim) — At this time all Library locations will be open to provide computer and internet access, Wi-Fi service, research assistance and the borrowing of materials. For the safety of the public and staff, we are encouraging social distancing (approximately 6 feet to 2 meters from others). Other services impacted:
- All activities, events and meetings will be cancelled until further notice.
- The Bookmobile will be off the road until further notice.
- Computers will be available to complete your Census form.
- Early voting and election polling at library locations will continue as planned.
- We will not be accepting donations of materials from the public until further notice.
For those who are unable or reluctant to visit a branch, you are encouraged to use our virtual services.
Visit our website www.pbclibrary.org to access the following:
· E-books (cloudLibrary, cloudLibrary Express, hoopla, Overdrive)
A large collection fiction and non-fiction for all interests.
· Audiobooks (cloudLibrary, cloudLibrary Express, hoopla)
Enjoy listening to a book on your computer or mobile device.
· Magazines (Flipster)
66 titles of full-page, full-color magazines to view on your computer or mobile device.
· Music (Hoopla and Freegal)
Stream or download music from your favorite artists.
E-movies and e-TV shows (hoopla)
Download or stream movies and TV shows to view on your computer or mobile device.
We also encourage you to use the following online research resources:
· Career Transitions – career guidance
· Learning Express – online learning and skills test
· Tutor.com – homework help and career assistance
· Value Line & Morning Star – to track your investments
· Consumer Reports – product information
· MedLine Plus – information about medical conditions, diseases and wellness
· Legal Forms – create your will and other legal documents
· Tech Talk – tips and tricks in technology and communication
Our Consumer Health Information Service (CHIS) is staffed by professional librarians who can provide personalized comprehensive and authoritative health information by telephone or e-mail, and will consider your inquiry confidential. This is a free service to the public. Call (561) 233-2736 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Not Dropping
- Outrageous Agents: Boca Realtor Charged With Cocaine Possession
- Clint Moore Road Bridge To Close For Year
- Football, Lacrosse Students Quarantined At Boca Raton Community High School
- Man Charged With Intent To Sell Nearly 2 Pounds Of Pot Near Boca Raton High School
- CVS OPENS COVID-19 SHOT APPOINTMENTS
- Military Vet, In Fatigues, Threatens Attack In Boca Raton
- No Publix COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments Today
- IRONY: DeSantis Orders Flag Lowered For Limbaugh At Courthouse Where He Faced Drug Charge