Arrest Would Follow Confinement Order
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw just made clear what most people would hope would be obvious: if the Department of Health, your doctor, a hospital or other medical professional orders you to quarantine, you need to do it. The Sheriff’s Office WILL arrest folks who violate quarantine orders.
“You don’t want to stay in my hotel,” said Bradshaw, referring to the Palm Beach County Jail.
Bradshaw also said all people being arrested will be screened for Coronavirus, but it’s unclear with what tests they’ll be conducting the screening.
Update @ 7:29p:
Here is the official language:
“Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw warned residents that may get an order of confinement from the Florida Department of Health to not take the order casually. The Sheriff’s Office is capable and prepared to enforce confinement orders.“
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance
- FATAL CRASH BOCA: David Hernandez, 21, Killed, Driver Allegedly Drunk
- KIDS HOSPITALIZED FLORIDA: CDC Report Reveals Children Hospitalized With COVID
- CDC Predicts 40,867 COVID Deaths In Florida In Four Weeks
- Seven Bridges HOA Sued Again: Defamation Claim By Caterer
- FLORIDA HOSPITALS IN CRISIS, 10K COVID PATIENTS USING BEDS