Arrest Would Follow Confinement Order
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw just made clear what most people would hope would be obvious: if the Department of Health, your doctor, a hospital or other medical professional orders you to quarantine, you need to do it. The Sheriff’s Office WILL arrest folks who violate quarantine orders.
“You don’t want to stay in my hotel,” said Bradshaw, referring to the Palm Beach County Jail.
Bradshaw also said all people being arrested will be screened for Coronavirus, but it’s unclear with what tests they’ll be conducting the screening.
Update @ 7:29p:
Here is the official language:
“Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw warned residents that may get an order of confinement from the Florida Department of Health to not take the order casually. The Sheriff’s Office is capable and prepared to enforce confinement orders.“
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home
- Boca Raton Police Charge Real Estate Agent With Harming Child