BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Customers of Publix and Whole Foods throughout south Palm Beach County are finding out that delivery services for the supermarkets are not a quick-fix for long lines and crowds at area stores.
Instacart, which delivers for Publix, is quoting a four day delays for delivering across the area. Orders placed on Sunday are showing a Thursday delivery date as the earliest possible.
For Whole Foods, it’s worse. Items appearing as being “in stock” on the Amazon Fresh website or app — which is the storefront for Whole Foods — show as being “unavailable” once customers attempt to check out. For those who are successful in placing orders, delivery dates are falling into days, not hours, and the company’s shoppers are not responding to customers when items are out of stock when the shoppers actually start shopping. BocaNewsNow.com has learned of orders being delivered from Whole Foods across the area that are not even close to what was ordered.
Items like chicken, turkey and other poultry and meat products are apparently having stock issues across the area.
UPDATE: March 16, 2020: Click here for the latest from Whole Food, Publix.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In