Schools out statewide until at least April 15th.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Governor Ron DeSantis said late Tuesday afternoon that all FSAs and other testing for school readiness are cancelled.
Parents will have the option of keeping their child in the same grade for next year.
DeSantis instructed all school districts with extra funds to allocate those funds for distance learning — helping the underprivileged obtain computers and similar equipment to learn from home.
DeSantis made the remarks in a late Tuesday afternoon media event in Tallahassee.
Schools will also hold the same “grade” for the next school year — there will be no re-grading or evaluating of Florida schools.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Crash Backs Up Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Ordered Closed By Health Inspector
- SECURITY ALERT: Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport Evacuated
- HAMMER TIME: Boca Raton Woman Allegedly Hits Husband On Head With Hammer
- Body Found On Side Of Palm Beach County Road, FHP Asks For Tips
- Body Found In North Broward Burning Car
- Boomers Boca Raton Sued Again, Another Go-Kart Claim
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Man Allegedly Burglarizes Neighbor, Is Hit With Baseball Bat
- NEED A JOB? Palm Beach County School District Sets Major Hiring Event