Schools out statewide until at least April 15th.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Governor Ron DeSantis said late Tuesday afternoon that all FSAs and other testing for school readiness are cancelled.
Parents will have the option of keeping their child in the same grade for next year.
DeSantis instructed all school districts with extra funds to allocate those funds for distance learning — helping the underprivileged obtain computers and similar equipment to learn from home.
DeSantis made the remarks in a late Tuesday afternoon media event in Tallahassee.
Schools will also hold the same “grade” for the next school year — there will be no re-grading or evaluating of Florida schools.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped