Schools out statewide until at least April 15th.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Governor Ron DeSantis said late Tuesday afternoon that all FSAs and other testing for school readiness are cancelled.
Parents will have the option of keeping their child in the same grade for next year.
DeSantis instructed all school districts with extra funds to allocate those funds for distance learning — helping the underprivileged obtain computers and similar equipment to learn from home.
DeSantis made the remarks in a late Tuesday afternoon media event in Tallahassee.
Schools will also hold the same “grade” for the next school year — there will be no re-grading or evaluating of Florida schools.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance
- FATAL CRASH BOCA: David Hernandez, 21, Killed, Driver Allegedly Drunk
- KIDS HOSPITALIZED FLORIDA: CDC Report Reveals Children Hospitalized With COVID
- CDC Predicts 40,867 COVID Deaths In Florida In Four Weeks
- Seven Bridges HOA Sued Again: Defamation Claim By Caterer
- FLORIDA HOSPITALS IN CRISIS, 10K COVID PATIENTS USING BEDS