BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Whole Foods near Florida Atlantic University at I-95 and Glades Road is, in the simplest of terms, an unmitigated disaster. Shelves are largely empty. And despite claims that there is no food or supply chain issue, the poultry shelves are completely bare.
It’s unclear why area markets are having such a problem increasing deliveries to meet increased demand. A Publix employee told BocaNewsNow.com earlier this week that while Publix’s trucks only come a few days a week — and supply is shared with hundreds of locations — Whole Foods only has a handful of locations in Palm Beach County, meaning there shouldn’t be empty shelves.
But there are. Lots of them.
While milk was in great supply, poultry was non-existent. A butcher at Whole Food looked unamused as shoppers took photos his largely empty display case. The meat in existence isn’t necessarily your first choice for meat.
Yogurt and similar dairy products were gone, but cheese was available. Frozen food freezers were largely cleaned out. But if you want chips, there’s no problem.
On the increase: people wearing gloves and masks, even though medical experts repeatedly say wearing masks won’t protect you from COVID-19 — and wearing gloves in Florida looks, well, strange. But not quite as strange as row after row of empty shelves in Whole Foods.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEATHTOBER FLORIDA: State, Palm Beach County COVID Deaths, Infections Climbing Again
- UPDATE: Parents MUST Choose Distance or In-Person Within Days For PBC Schools
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Heavy Rain For Days, Flood Watch Through Sunday
- TRAFFIC: Palm Beach County Projects Slow The Go, See Them All Here
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom