BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Palm Beach County) — All Palm Beach County-operated parks and beaches are open for limited use. Select indoor and outdoor recreational facilities will be closed until further notice.
In addition, all special events and activities involving large gatherings and all programs in Therapeutic Recreation, Special Olympics and Arts4All have been suspended until further notice.
Park visitors are urged to use the practice of social distancing—remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters) from others when possible. They are also encouraged to continue exercising good hygiene practices (as recommended by the CDC and Health Department). Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth and face. Avoid close contact with people who are sick or exhibit symptoms. Stay home when you are sick.
Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation will continue to monitor the status of the COVID-19 in our area and will communicate any changes in the availability of our parks, facilities and services as they are made.
Please visit our website at www.pbcparks.com for updates on the status of your Palm Beach County parks.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose