No plan existed prior to Coronavirus crisis, still not released even during news conference
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In a Wednesday morning news conference about technology — delayed for nearly 15 minutes due to the School District’s inability to stream on its website or YouTube – Palm Beach County School District Deputy Superintendent Keith Oswald and Chief Academic Officer Dr. Glenda Sheffield presented slides and graphs, but offered little insight into how teachers will be virtually teaching students.
It became clear that no plan was pre-created for a crisis of any magnitude, let alone this crisis.
“The district has been researching a number of options for learning,” said Oswald, confirming that no program existed before this crisis.
Dr. Glenda Sheffield, Chief Academic Officer, focused on Google Classroom and Google Hangouts — options currently used by many schools for homework in the District — but offered no insight as to how teachers could livestream to their students.
Part of the news conference focused on how to use Google Chrome, not how to view live events.
In a district where at least 6,170 students have no computer-devices at home, there are clearly huge challenges ahead.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida