BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District this morning is expected to announce official plans for remote learning. Seemingly caught off-guard by Governor Ron DeSantis’ announcement Tuesday that schools will remain closed, state-wide, until at least April 15th, the District has planned a late morning news conference to discuss ways that students can learn while still at home.
School District officials have been promoting a “tech survey” for several days — asking parents to tell the school officials what they need at home to continue learning. While many students have home access to computers and internet, there is concern that many more do not, and that telling kids to go online for school isn’t as turnkey as many think.
“We need to get a computer and internet to every kid in the District,” said a school district representative Tuesday evening.
Check back this morning for the Palm Beach County School District’s plans.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Football, Lacrosse Students Quarantined At Boca Raton Community High School
- Man Charged With Intent To Sell Nearly 2 Pounds Of Pot Near Boca Raton High School
- CVS OPENS COVID-19 SHOT APPOINTMENTS
- Military Vet, In Fatigues, Threatens Attack In Boca Raton
- No Publix COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments Today
- IRONY: DeSantis Orders Flag Lowered For Limbaugh At Courthouse Where He Faced Drug Charge
- WHO IS SHE? Woman Wanted For Check Fraud At Boca Raton Banks
- PBSO Identifies I-95 Shooting Victim
- DeSantis Says CVS Now Offering Shots, But Just One In Palm Beach County