Florida Only Accepting Electronic Tolls To Reduce COVID-19 Spread
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Tolls on the Florida Turnpike continue, but only through Sunpass or pay by plate. All employees have been reassigned. The change is part of Florida’s effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
No Sunpass? No problem. Your license plate will be photographed and a bill will be sent in the mail.
From the Florida Department of Transportation:
“As part of this initiative, customers should continue driving through the toll plaza and pay attention to overhead and portable signs. In addition, the following items will apply:
SunPass and interoperable customers will continue to have tolls posted to their accounts. Vehicles without a SunPass will be billed for toll transactions at the posted cash toll rate and receive a Toll Enforcement Invoice in the mail. The invoice administrative fee ($2.50) will temporarily be waived.
Drivers who elect to become a SunPass customer will receive several benefits including a discount on tolls of nearly 25%. SunPass works on all Florida toll roads and most bridges.
Customers will still be able to utilize the “Exact Coin Lanes” where there is no toll operator present to remit coin payment at those locations.
Additionally, customers who receive a Toll Enforcement Invoice and wish to open a SunPass account can go online at http://www.SunPass.com to pay the invoice, purchase a transponder, establish the account and receive the lower SunPass toll rate. The cost of a mini transponder ($4.99) will be credited back to the account, effectively making the transponder free.“
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Pfizer COVID-19 Appointments Available In Palm Beach County
- FSA Testing Brings COVID-19 Increase In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Resident Gregg Fredman Jailed For Child Abuse
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge