BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An ominous warning tonight from Palm Beach County. While there is no official announcement — yet — of mass, mandatory closing, it seems as if that could be hours away.
This is an official statement just released from Palm Beach County government:
In anticipation of an Executive Order to be issued by Governor Ron DeSantis as announced at his 5 pm press conference in Broward County, additional community actions including restrictions on dine in restaurant services, certain types of business establishments, and beaches, are expected to be identified for Palm Beach County on Friday, March 20.
Broward and Miami-Dade lead the state in identified cases of the Coronavirus – COVID-19. As of 5 pm today, Palm Beach County is third in the state with 29 positive COVID-19 cases. Initially, Palm Beach County’s positive COVID-19 cases were travel-related. As the increase of test results are released by Florida Department of Health each day, a number of non-travel related cases in Palm Beach County have been reported, indicative of the early signs of a community spread.
COVID-19 is a local, regional, national, and international pandemic. On March 1, 2020, the Governor of Florida issued an Executive Order (20-51) directing the State Health Officer and Surgeon General to declare a Public Health Emergency for Florida. On March, 13, 2020, Palm Beach County declared a local State of Emergency and closed or modified certain county operations.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…
- Deerfield Beach Woman Struck By Car, Killed
- Aaron Singerman Sentencing Delayed, Remains In Custody
- B’NAI TORAH BOCA: Parents Livid Over New COVID-19 Policies
- I-95 To Close In Boca Raton, Expect Traffic Problems
- AARON SINGERMAN: Government Seeks 78-97 Months In Prison, Sentencing Thursday
- New York Man Killed In Delray Beach Crash, Drove Under Semi