BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An ominous warning tonight from Palm Beach County. While there is no official announcement — yet — of mass, mandatory closing, it seems as if that could be hours away.
This is an official statement just released from Palm Beach County government:
In anticipation of an Executive Order to be issued by Governor Ron DeSantis as announced at his 5 pm press conference in Broward County, additional community actions including restrictions on dine in restaurant services, certain types of business establishments, and beaches, are expected to be identified for Palm Beach County on Friday, March 20.
Broward and Miami-Dade lead the state in identified cases of the Coronavirus – COVID-19. As of 5 pm today, Palm Beach County is third in the state with 29 positive COVID-19 cases. Initially, Palm Beach County’s positive COVID-19 cases were travel-related. As the increase of test results are released by Florida Department of Health each day, a number of non-travel related cases in Palm Beach County have been reported, indicative of the early signs of a community spread.
COVID-19 is a local, regional, national, and international pandemic. On March 1, 2020, the Governor of Florida issued an Executive Order (20-51) directing the State Health Officer and Surgeon General to declare a Public Health Emergency for Florida. On March, 13, 2020, Palm Beach County declared a local State of Emergency and closed or modified certain county operations.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees
- Palm Beach County Schools Hide Expulsion Information, Race Questions Raised
- Boca Isles South Resident Arrested Following Theft, Fire
- Million Dollar Lottery Winner Lives In Boynton Beach
- Boca Raton Teen Killer Identified, Cops Say Shot Friend In Back Yard
- Boca Raton’s L’Ambiance HOA Facing Lawsuit
- CRASH AND BURN: Boca Isles South Burglar Crashes Getaway Car At Cop Shop
- Fire Burning Cascade Lakes Boynton Beach