No Poultry, Limited Cereal, Cookie Control
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It seems to be getting worse for shoppers in south Palm Beach County hoping to find substantive food in Publix.
A mid-day Thursday spot check at the Publix at Clint Moore and 441 in West Boca Raton revealed empty shelves, no poultry, meat that isn’t what we’ll call the first choice of meat buyers, rationing on cheese, cereal, even a limit on cookies.
Publix — which prides itself on its ability to navigate logistics during hurricanes — apparently doesn’t have the ability to keep up with demand in Palm Beach County. There are similar stories throughout the region.
It most certainly isn’t just a Publix problem, but Publix publicly issued statements about altering hours to better stock stores. The stocking isn’t happening with any significance.
Most brand name cereal is gone. Freezers are empty. Items like yogurt are non-existent or in very short supply. Pre-packaged bread sections are empty.
Part of the problem: irrational buyers — people are buying everything in site, even if they’ve never eaten it before. But the problem is also Publix which is apparently unable to leverage its corporate weight to serve its customers.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens