No Poultry, Limited Cereal, Cookie Control
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It seems to be getting worse for shoppers in south Palm Beach County hoping to find substantive food in Publix.
A mid-day Thursday spot check at the Publix at Clint Moore and 441 in West Boca Raton revealed empty shelves, no poultry, meat that isn’t what we’ll call the first choice of meat buyers, rationing on cheese, cereal, even a limit on cookies.
Publix — which prides itself on its ability to navigate logistics during hurricanes — apparently doesn’t have the ability to keep up with demand in Palm Beach County. There are similar stories throughout the region.
It most certainly isn’t just a Publix problem, but Publix publicly issued statements about altering hours to better stock stores. The stocking isn’t happening with any significance.
Most brand name cereal is gone. Freezers are empty. Items like yogurt are non-existent or in very short supply. Pre-packaged bread sections are empty.
Part of the problem: irrational buyers — people are buying everything in site, even if they’ve never eaten it before. But the problem is also Publix which is apparently unable to leverage its corporate weight to serve its customers.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW