BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A massive increase in positive cases as tests become more available in Florida. As of 7:10 p.m. on Friday March 20, 2020, there are now 563 positive cases in Florida. In Palm Beach County, the positive count is 42, with 28 men and 14 women. 35 are residents, 6 are not residents of Palm Beach County, 1 is not a Florida resident but in Palm Beach County at the time of diagnosis.
Of the 42 positive cases in Palm Beach County, 17 are travel related, 7 are not travel related, 18 are unknown. There have — so far — been 264 negative tests in Palm Beach County. 9 test result are pending.
There are currently 316 people being watched (in a medical sense), according to Florida’s Department of Health. The average age of those testing positive is 52.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain