BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The official announcement is expected later this morning but to follow our Thursday night report, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is expected to order Palm Beach County to order all non-essential businesses, all eat-in restaurants and all beaches to close — indefinitely. Following in the lead of Miami-Dade County which issued a similar order earlier this week, and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania which ordered all businesses not involved with saving lives to shut down, DeSantis is expected to tell Palm Beach County that it needs to be more serious about combatting the COVID-19 spread.
While beaches in the City of Boca Raton were closed days ago, beaches maintained by Palm Beach County remain open.
Massive changes to Palm Beach County’s response to COVID-19 are expected in just hours.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Publix COVID Shot Reservations Open Again Friday
- Graffiti Vandal Strikes West Delray Beach Community
- Palm Beach School District Adds Nearly 500 Cases Since Break
- Boca Raton, Delray Beach Real Estate Market Hot
- As Trump Moves To Florida, COVID Infections, Deaths Rise
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine System Didn’t Crash, More Available Friday