BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County) —Effective immediately, all County-operated beaches are closed. Effective Saturday, March 21, 2020, all County-operated parks will close with the exception of Regional Parks and Golf Courses. All indoor facilities, group programs, group picnic pavilions and playgrounds in regional parks have previously been closed. Golf courses have modified operations to provide for single player carts and social distancing.
Regional parks are large open spaces and park visitors are urged to use the practice of social distancing—remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters) from others. They are also encouraged to continue exercising good hygiene practices (as recommended by the CDC and Health Department). Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth and face. Avoid close contact with people who are sick or exhibit symptoms. Please stay home when you are sick.
Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation will continue to monitor the status of the COVID-19 in our area and will communicate any changes in the availability of our parks, facilities and services as they are made.
Please visit our website at http://www.pbcparks.com often for updates on the status of your Palm Beach County parks.
County-operated Regional Parks and Golf Courses to Remain Open as of March 20, 2020 4:00pm
• Burt Aaronson South County Regional Park
• Dyer Park
• Glades Pioneer Park
• John Prince Park
• Okeeheelee Park – North and South
• Park Ridge Golf Course
• Riverbend Park & Loxahatchee River Battlefield Park
• Southwinds Golf Course
• West Delray Regional Park
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…
- Deerfield Beach Woman Struck By Car, Killed
- Aaron Singerman Sentencing Delayed, Remains In Custody
- B’NAI TORAH BOCA: Parents Livid Over New COVID-19 Policies
- I-95 To Close In Boca Raton, Expect Traffic Problems
- AARON SINGERMAN: Government Seeks 78-97 Months In Prison, Sentencing Thursday
- New York Man Killed In Delray Beach Crash, Drove Under Semi