BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County) —Effective immediately, all County-operated beaches are closed. Effective Saturday, March 21, 2020, all County-operated parks will close with the exception of Regional Parks and Golf Courses. All indoor facilities, group programs, group picnic pavilions and playgrounds in regional parks have previously been closed. Golf courses have modified operations to provide for single player carts and social distancing.
Regional parks are large open spaces and park visitors are urged to use the practice of social distancing—remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters) from others. They are also encouraged to continue exercising good hygiene practices (as recommended by the CDC and Health Department). Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth and face. Avoid close contact with people who are sick or exhibit symptoms. Please stay home when you are sick.
Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation will continue to monitor the status of the COVID-19 in our area and will communicate any changes in the availability of our parks, facilities and services as they are made.
Please visit our website at http://www.pbcparks.com often for updates on the status of your Palm Beach County parks.
County-operated Regional Parks and Golf Courses to Remain Open as of March 20, 2020 4:00pm
• Burt Aaronson South County Regional Park
• Dyer Park
• Glades Pioneer Park
• John Prince Park
• Okeeheelee Park – North and South
• Park Ridge Golf Course
• Riverbend Park & Loxahatchee River Battlefield Park
• Southwinds Golf Course
• West Delray Regional Park
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender