BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County) —Effective immediately, all County-operated beaches are closed. Effective Saturday, March 21, 2020, all County-operated parks will close with the exception of Regional Parks and Golf Courses. All indoor facilities, group programs, group picnic pavilions and playgrounds in regional parks have previously been closed. Golf courses have modified operations to provide for single player carts and social distancing.
Regional parks are large open spaces and park visitors are urged to use the practice of social distancing—remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters) from others. They are also encouraged to continue exercising good hygiene practices (as recommended by the CDC and Health Department). Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth and face. Avoid close contact with people who are sick or exhibit symptoms. Please stay home when you are sick.
Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation will continue to monitor the status of the COVID-19 in our area and will communicate any changes in the availability of our parks, facilities and services as they are made.
Please visit our website at http://www.pbcparks.com often for updates on the status of your Palm Beach County parks.
County-operated Regional Parks and Golf Courses to Remain Open as of March 20, 2020 4:00pm
• Burt Aaronson South County Regional Park
• Dyer Park
• Glades Pioneer Park
• John Prince Park
• Okeeheelee Park – North and South
• Park Ridge Golf Course
• Riverbend Park & Loxahatchee River Battlefield Park
• Southwinds Golf Course
• West Delray Regional Park
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector