BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — While not a universal move, Wells Fargo seems to be raising the mobile deposit limits for business and personal customers of the bank who deposit checks using an app. The move, apparently, is reduce the need to rely on an ATM to conduct business during the COVID-19 crisis.
Customers throughout the area have told BocaNewsNow.com that the bank’s traditional hard limit of $15,000 in app deposits during a rolling 30-day period has been raised — in some cases — to as high as $150,000 during a rolling 30 day period. Non-corporate customers with traditional personal accounts are also seeing limits raised from the hundreds into the thousands.
Customers depositing checks through bank apps take a picture of the check which is then processed — often automatically — by a bank’s computer system. Wells Fargo notably kept limits low to reduce the risk of fraud.
It’s unclear if the new limits are permanent or will only continue through the duration of the Coronavirus outbreak.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Body Found In North Broward Burning Car
- Boomers Boca Raton Sued Again, Another Go-Kart Claim
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Man Allegedly Burglarizes Neighbor, Is Hit With Baseball Bat
- NEED A JOB? Palm Beach County School District Sets Major Hiring Event
- OLYMPIC HEIGHTS HIGH SCHOOL: Report Of Gas Leak Brings Fire Response
- FAU Heads To Final Four, What’s Your Florida Atlantic Story?
- Naked Woman Found Climbing Tree, Police Think Involved In Palm Beach County Murder
- More Traffic Frustration In Boca Raton Set For Sunday Night, Monday Morning
- BOCA RUDETON: Publix Again For The Dogs, Thanks To Woman At Westwinds Plaza