BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — While not a universal move, Wells Fargo seems to be raising the mobile deposit limits for business and personal customers of the bank who deposit checks using an app. The move, apparently, is reduce the need to rely on an ATM to conduct business during the COVID-19 crisis.
Customers throughout the area have told BocaNewsNow.com that the bank’s traditional hard limit of $15,000 in app deposits during a rolling 30-day period has been raised — in some cases — to as high as $150,000 during a rolling 30 day period. Non-corporate customers with traditional personal accounts are also seeing limits raised from the hundreds into the thousands.
Customers depositing checks through bank apps take a picture of the check which is then processed — often automatically — by a bank’s computer system. Wells Fargo notably kept limits low to reduce the risk of fraud.
It’s unclear if the new limits are permanent or will only continue through the duration of the Coronavirus outbreak.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…
- Deerfield Beach Woman Struck By Car, Killed
- Aaron Singerman Sentencing Delayed, Remains In Custody
- B’NAI TORAH BOCA: Parents Livid Over New COVID-19 Policies
- I-95 To Close In Boca Raton, Expect Traffic Problems
- AARON SINGERMAN: Government Seeks 78-97 Months In Prison, Sentencing Thursday
- New York Man Killed In Delray Beach Crash, Drove Under Semi