BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Regional Hospital and Bethesda East and West in Boynton are all seeing massive increases in patients using telemedicine.
The three hospitals, now all part of the Baptist Healthcare System, are offering free telemedicine consultations to those who believe they may be showing symptoms of Coronavirus.
“Although this has increased average wait times, we are asking patients to please be patient as waiting from home is a safe option that is in line with social distancing recommendations.”
“We have definitely seen an increase in enrollments and visits on Baptist Health Care On Demand,” Baptist Healthcare’s Michael Maucker told BocaNewsNow.com. “At this point in time, we are experiencing 10 times our average patient volume.”
With the increased demand comes an increase wait, but Maucker says it’s better to wait at home — online — than in an emergency room.
While Baptist is offering free telemedicine, Tenet’s West Boca Medical Center and Delray Medical Center continue to offer nothing — at least online. Their websites make virtually no mention of COVID-19 with the exception of altered rules and regulations for visitors.
By contrast, Baptist’s websites are constantly updated with Coronavirus information.
Maucker, however, reminds patients serviced by Boca Raton Regional Hospital, Bethesda East and Bethesda West that other services are available to them online as well.
“As we have seen in recent studies about ‘flattening the curve,” said Maucker, “telehealth is expected to help lessen the spread of COVID-19 by allowing people to get medical care from home. In addition to urgent care, mental health counseling, psychiatry, breastfeeding support and diet & nutrition, among other specialties, are also available via Baptist Health Care On Demand.”
Baptist’s telemedicine can be reached here.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach Schools: Wipes Shortage, Mask Shortages, Teachers Scared For Monday
- TEACHERS: Palm Beach County Parents Don’t Understand Where They’re Sending Kids
- Boynton Beach Woman Jailed, Tried To Smuggle Drugs Into Jail
- FLORIDA COVID: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity 13.9 Percent As Schools Open
- Palm Beach County Schools: Substitutes Needed As In-Person Learning Begins
- Palm Beach Schools: Parents Still Say “No Way” To Sending Kids Back On Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wilfred Forms, Early Track Towards Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Food Service Worker Horror Story
- Palm Beach Schools: Who Are The Parents Sending Their Kids Monday?