School District Prepares For 200K Kids, Parents Using Google Classroom, Launches Tech Support
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District is preparing for tech problems comes Tuesday morning when nearly 200,000 students are expected to start learning online.
The vast majority will be relying on Google Classroom — many will be using resources they never experienced before. The District has been engaged in a massive Chromebook acquisition drive for students who do not use Chromebooks in their daily learning.
With so many kids and parents relying on home-based tech for potentially the first time, the School District has launched a tech support department for families. It will be operational from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. The number is 561-969-5840. Support agents will operate in English, Spanish and Creole.
The Palm Beach County School District seems to setting low expectations, telling parents in a Thursday night email blast that the system will be a work in progress.
Virtual learning starts Tuesday morning. Teachers train on Monday.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose