BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A deli worker at the Publix located at US 441 and Clint Moore Road — known as the Publix at the “Reserve” shoppes, tested positive for COVID-19.
A store manager is confirming to concerned customers that the employee and her co-workers have been quarantined ever since the store learned of the positive test. It is unclear when the test results were returned.
All Deli workers, according to the manager, have been replaced with Publix employees from other stores.
The manager — who was exceptionally forthcoming — said that the entire store was sanitized and continues to be sanitized around the clock.
The current health condition of the infected employee is unclear. It is also unclear if other workers have been tested, or if Publix is mandating tests for all workers.
A call and email to the media relations team at Publix was not returned to BocaNewsNow.com.
READ THIS: BocaNewsNow.com wants to caution our readers: while certainly not ideal in a supermarket, we stress that the only way to know if someone is infected with COVID-19 is to be tested. Health experts continue to say there are unquestionably many people around you who would test positive if they were tested. The fact that a Publix worker was tested, learned she was positive, told Publix which is coming forward with that information is a good thing, not a bad thing.
We give Publix credit for adopting a policy of telling customers the truth.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain