BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A deli worker at the Publix located at US 441 and Clint Moore Road — known as the Publix at the “Reserve” shoppes, tested positive for COVID-19.
A store manager is confirming to concerned customers that the employee and her co-workers have been quarantined ever since the store learned of the positive test. It is unclear when the test results were returned.
All Deli workers, according to the manager, have been replaced with Publix employees from other stores.
The manager — who was exceptionally forthcoming — said that the entire store was sanitized and continues to be sanitized around the clock.
The current health condition of the infected employee is unclear. It is also unclear if other workers have been tested, or if Publix is mandating tests for all workers.
A call and email to the media relations team at Publix was not returned to BocaNewsNow.com.
READ THIS: BocaNewsNow.com wants to caution our readers: while certainly not ideal in a supermarket, we stress that the only way to know if someone is infected with COVID-19 is to be tested. Health experts continue to say there are unquestionably many people around you who would test positive if they were tested. The fact that a Publix worker was tested, learned she was positive, told Publix which is coming forward with that information is a good thing, not a bad thing.
We give Publix credit for adopting a policy of telling customers the truth.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates