BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The first and only Palm Beach County COVID-19 testing site tested 255 people today (Tuesday) — the first day it was open. At least 50,000 people attempted to make appointments in the FIRST HOUR that the appointment call center was open.
Read the complete update from the Palm Beach County Health Department:
The first day of drive-thru testing for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County went smoothly, thanks to the efforts and dedication of a 20-member clinical team with the Health Care District of Palm Beach County’s C. L. Brumback Primary Clinics, Health Care District support staff, Palm Beach County’s Department of Emergency Management and the Florida National Guard. Of the 281 patients who were scheduled for appointments, 255 were tested. The average age of the patients tested was 52.
Six children were tested with the youngest 10 years of age. The results are expected within five to six days. A provider will contact each patient by phone with test results regardless if the result is positive or negative. The Health Care District’s COVID-19 Screening Center received 50-thousand calls in the first hour this morning. Callers are being asked to please be patient and expect delays because of the high call volume.
Representatives are screening callers for symptoms per CDC criteria. Appointments for testing are scheduled through the end of the week and the Health Care District is evaluating Saturday operations if more test kits become available. The Health Care District will continue scheduling appointments as long as there is a need for testing and there are additional test kits and supplies.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home
- Boca Raton Police Charge Real Estate Agent With Harming Child