City, County Say Nail Salons Must Shut. But Many Say They Are Open For Business.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Nail salons across Palm Beach County and in the City of Boca Raton are apparently having a difficult time understanding the executive orders that state nail salons are non-essential businesses, which mean they can’t be open.
We reported earlier today how our call prompted the closure of Lacquer Me Nail Bar in Boca. Now we’ve received several emails from readers and viewers of our TV Newscasts that Ocean Nails is accepting appointments. We spoke with “Penny” at Ocean Nails who said she believed she was allowed to keep the business open because it was essential. She called back several minutes later to report she had misunderstood the order.
We’ve also received word that Red Nail Salon is opening as well. They did not answer the phone when we called, but did send a text blast today stating “Red Nails Salon opening schedule is 10:00 am to 6;30pm from Monday-Saturday during COVID-19 situation. Please call our main number 561-338-6509 for an appointment. We only have 2 techs available so there will be physical distancing.”
The City of Boca Raton says this is absolutely a violation.
“Nail salons are NOT considered “critical businesses” so they should remain closed,” said City of Boca Raton Spokeswoman Anne Marie Connolly. “Residents can call the Police Non-Emergency Number 561-368-6201 to report this, if necessary.”
Whether located in the City of Boca Raton or anywhere in Palm Beach County, nail salons are NOT permitted to conduct business.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose