City, County Say Nail Salons Must Shut. But Many Say They Are Open For Business.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Nail salons across Palm Beach County and in the City of Boca Raton are apparently having a difficult time understanding the executive orders that state nail salons are non-essential businesses, which mean they can’t be open.
We reported earlier today how our call prompted the closure of Lacquer Me Nail Bar in Boca. Now we’ve received several emails from readers and viewers of our TV Newscasts that Ocean Nails is accepting appointments. We spoke with “Penny” at Ocean Nails who said she believed she was allowed to keep the business open because it was essential. She called back several minutes later to report she had misunderstood the order.
We’ve also received word that Red Nail Salon is opening as well. They did not answer the phone when we called, but did send a text blast today stating “Red Nails Salon opening schedule is 10:00 am to 6;30pm from Monday-Saturday during COVID-19 situation. Please call our main number 561-338-6509 for an appointment. We only have 2 techs available so there will be physical distancing.”
The City of Boca Raton says this is absolutely a violation.
“Nail salons are NOT considered “critical businesses” so they should remain closed,” said City of Boca Raton Spokeswoman Anne Marie Connolly. “Residents can call the Police Non-Emergency Number 561-368-6201 to report this, if necessary.”
Whether located in the City of Boca Raton or anywhere in Palm Beach County, nail salons are NOT permitted to conduct business.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAVEL MELTDOWN: JetBlue Delays 38 Fort Lauderdale Flights, Spirt 24
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low
- P.F. Chang’s In Boca Raton Cited Again By Health Inspector, Twice In Days
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT: Parking Situation So Bad, Drivers Told To Use Ride Share
- ARMED ROBBERY ON YAMATO ROAD IN BOCA RATON
- POLICE REMIND: If Fireworks Banned In Your HOA, They Are Still Banned On July 4th
- Palm Beach County Woman To Federal Prison For Sober Home Scheme
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Disturbances Still Being Watched, Florida Okay For Now
- Boca West Sues Several Homeowners, We Have The List