BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The appointment line for the only official mobile COVID-19 testing site in Palm Beach County is now open. The line was closed Wednesday after the facility came close to booking more tests than it had testing kits. The facility, on Haverhill Road, is expected to receive an additional 1000 test kits today.
More than 50,000 people called in the first hour the facility accepted appointments on Monday for the site which started testing on Tuesday. Roughly 250 people were tested on Tuesday, 280 were tested on Wednesday. Callers to the phone line are screened to determine who qualifies for a test. Of the nearly 100,000 people who called in total, just a few thousands are determined to be test-worthy.
The phone line is now open. Call 561-642-1000 to determine if you qualify for a Coronavirus test. The site is in the 5000 block of Haverhill Road in West Palm Beach. Anyone who shows up without an appointment will be turned away. There is currently NO official mobile testing site in South Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Driver Allegedly Responsible For Killing Six In Delray Crash Cited In May By Police
- FLIGHT CANCELLED: Airlines Cancelling Flights Into, Out Of Florida
- New COVID Problems In Palm Beach County Schools
- KEEP YOUR PETS WARM: Palm Beach County Issues Guide For Pending Chill
- UPDATE: SIX DEAD IN WEST DELRAY BEACH CRASH
- At Least Two Killed In Crash At 441 And Atlantic Avenue Overnight
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…