BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The appointment line for the only official mobile COVID-19 testing site in Palm Beach County is now open. The line was closed Wednesday after the facility came close to booking more tests than it had testing kits. The facility, on Haverhill Road, is expected to receive an additional 1000 test kits today.
More than 50,000 people called in the first hour the facility accepted appointments on Monday for the site which started testing on Tuesday. Roughly 250 people were tested on Tuesday, 280 were tested on Wednesday. Callers to the phone line are screened to determine who qualifies for a test. Of the nearly 100,000 people who called in total, just a few thousands are determined to be test-worthy.
The phone line is now open. Call 561-642-1000 to determine if you qualify for a Coronavirus test. The site is in the 5000 block of Haverhill Road in West Palm Beach. Anyone who shows up without an appointment will be turned away. There is currently NO official mobile testing site in South Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official