BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The appointment line for the only official mobile COVID-19 testing site in Palm Beach County is now open. The line was closed Wednesday after the facility came close to booking more tests than it had testing kits. The facility, on Haverhill Road, is expected to receive an additional 1000 test kits today.
More than 50,000 people called in the first hour the facility accepted appointments on Monday for the site which started testing on Tuesday. Roughly 250 people were tested on Tuesday, 280 were tested on Wednesday. Callers to the phone line are screened to determine who qualifies for a test. Of the nearly 100,000 people who called in total, just a few thousands are determined to be test-worthy.
The phone line is now open. Call 561-642-1000 to determine if you qualify for a Coronavirus test. The site is in the 5000 block of Haverhill Road in West Palm Beach. Anyone who shows up without an appointment will be turned away. There is currently NO official mobile testing site in South Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Woman Visiting From Saudi Arabia Charged With Shoplifting At Macy’s
- Sober Homes Operate In High End Delray Beach, Boca Raton Communities
- CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments In South Florida Right Now
- Delray’s Carolyn Gulino Jailed On Enhanced DUI Charge
- Chevy Silverado Step Collapses, Driver Sues Schumacher Automotive
- Florida’s COVID Numbers Are Not Getting Better
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge