WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsnow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County Media Advisory) — Palm Beach County is in the process of implementing a plan to stage a field hospital at the South Florida Fairgrounds. Palm Beach County has multiple plans for multiple hazards and is always refining and testing these plans. With the assistance of the state, this hospital will be setup in case there is a significant surge in hospitalizations due to COVID-19.
Emergency Management Director Bill Johnson explains the rationale behind the planning: “Palm Beach County has to take into consideration many possible scenarios in response to emergencies. Some of these responses require days of planning and setup and this requires us to implement a plan even before it is apparent that there is a need. This is a normal occurrence in emergency management and does not guarantee these worst case scenarios will come to pass.”
During his press conference in Miami, Governor Ron DeSantis stressed that there are at least five field hospitals being planned around the state, but at this time there is no need for these hospitals. The state as a whole has nearly reports forty-two percent available capacity in Florida hospitals and Palm Beach County currently has over forty-six percent of hospital beds available.
Once the decision is made to open the field hospital, it will be made public through the media. This hospital will not be accessible to the public and will be used to take pressure off of local hospitals that have a surge of incoming patients due to COVID-19.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA LOGS 51,000 COVID CASES OVER THREE DAYS
- Two Seniors Killed In West Boynton Beach Crash
- Kids Are Testing Positive At Boca Raton Area Camps, What Does That Mean For School?
- Here’s How To Remove Your Child From Palm Beach County Schools
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks