BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Saturday night numbers from the Florida Department of health reveal a continued rise in infections and deaths. The death count in Palm Beach County is now 79 — the age remains remains 38 to 96. There are at least 1,431 people in Palm Beach County who have tested positive for COVID-19. At least 246 people are — or have been — hospitalized. We remind our readers that the numbers are only as accurate as what health officials report, and of course are only based on people who have been tested.
In Boca Raton, at least 251 people have tested positive for COVID-19, in Delray Beach it’s 210 and in Boynton Beach the number is 201.
We expect those numbers to grow — potentially significantly — over the next several days as the first tests from the South Palm Beach County COVID-19 testing site are returned and ultimately worked into the State’s statistics.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Publix COVID Shot Reservations Open Again Friday
- Graffiti Vandal Strikes West Delray Beach Community
- Palm Beach School District Adds Nearly 500 Cases Since Break
- Boca Raton, Delray Beach Real Estate Market Hot
- As Trump Moves To Florida, COVID Infections, Deaths Rise
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine System Didn’t Crash, More Available Friday