BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Saturday night numbers from the Florida Department of health reveal a continued rise in infections and deaths. The death count in Palm Beach County is now 79 — the age remains remains 38 to 96. There are at least 1,431 people in Palm Beach County who have tested positive for COVID-19. At least 246 people are — or have been — hospitalized. We remind our readers that the numbers are only as accurate as what health officials report, and of course are only based on people who have been tested.
In Boca Raton, at least 251 people have tested positive for COVID-19, in Delray Beach it’s 210 and in Boynton Beach the number is 201.
We expect those numbers to grow — potentially significantly — over the next several days as the first tests from the South Palm Beach County COVID-19 testing site are returned and ultimately worked into the State’s statistics.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER