BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Saturday night numbers from the Florida Department of health reveal a continued rise in infections and deaths. The death count in Palm Beach County is now 79 — the age remains remains 38 to 96. There are at least 1,431 people in Palm Beach County who have tested positive for COVID-19. At least 246 people are — or have been — hospitalized. We remind our readers that the numbers are only as accurate as what health officials report, and of course are only based on people who have been tested.
In Boca Raton, at least 251 people have tested positive for COVID-19, in Delray Beach it’s 210 and in Boynton Beach the number is 201.
We expect those numbers to grow — potentially significantly — over the next several days as the first tests from the South Palm Beach County COVID-19 testing site are returned and ultimately worked into the State’s statistics.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested