BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The mid-Saturday morning update from the Florida Department of Health reveals at least 17,968 of COVID-19 infected people in the State of Florida. A total of 419 people have died.
In Palm Beach County, there are at least 1,431 cases of COVID-19. The death count has risen to 79. Of those infected in Palm Beach County, 725 are men, 691 are women. The remainder are unaccounted for in the health department’s statistics.
In Boca Raton, at least 251 people have tested positive for COVID-19, 210 in Delray Beach and 201 in Boynton Beach. These numbers will be updated later Saturday. There are now 79 deaths attributed to COVID-19 in PBC, with the age range remaining 38 to 96. Deaths tend to be reported following a multi-day delay.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive