BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are now at least 20,601 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the State of Florida. The just-out numbers from the Florida Department of Health also reveal 470 deaths with 2,695 hospitalizations.
Locally, there are now 1,691 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County with an even split between men and women — both listed as 49-percent. The death count is 88.
In Boca Raton, there are 282 confirmed infections, 227 in Delray Beach and 217 in Boynton Beach. Keep in mind, these numbers are completely based on tests that were reported to the State of Florida. It is reasonable to assume the actual number of infections is significantly higher.
If there is good news, there definitely seems to be a decline in “new” cases being reported to state health officials. The peak of new cases appears to have come in very early April when roughly 1350 new cases were reported in one day. The latest full-day report suggests approximately 825 new cases. But keep in mind, these numbers only represent tests that have been conducted.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- If You’re Looking For Kelley McIsaac, She’s In Jail, And We Know Why
- Tri-Rail Service Resumes Following Massive System Failure
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County Public School Year Ends Thursday
- Train Strikes, Kills Man South Of Boca Raton, Roads Closed
- FOURTEEN STUDENTS DEAD IN TEXAS SCHOOL SHOOTING, ONE TEACHER
- Memorial Day Ceremony Set For South Florida National Cemetery
- POLICE: Delray Beach Man Attacks Dog, Beats With Stick, Cuts
- HURRICANE: NOAA Says ”Above Average” Season Just Days Away
- DRAMA: Woman Says Cinemark Boca Raton Seats Are Dangerous, Sues